URGENT! He says I'm too young for him?

I am 18 and he is 26. He is well aware of this when we met on that dating site. He said he was looking for something serious and so was I. We hit it off really well after the date and he wants to see me again.

He asked me to see him again on Saturday, but I was busy so I said I can't but rearranged the schedule. We were supposed to meet tomorrow but today, he wished me luck finding someone else and told me that he feels that I am too young for him, 8 years younger. He says he felt like a pedophile and removed me from his friends list. Why is he doing this? I feel so depressed. We were talking fine a few days ago and got along super well :( what can I do about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• End of the day the age gap for him probably was a big deal. He had a lot more life experience and no matter how mature you are, that really won't impact how he sees you if he has the "8 years" stuck in his head. My personal opinion is just be patient and wait for someone who doesn't have to question if you are right for them, they should just know.

• I think he may be thinking sexual thoughts and thought I was too young and was too guilty to take advantage of me. I look like I am in my mid twenties so I don't think people care less when I walk out holding hands and talking to him. Think about it. What is pedophile or wrong/uncomfortable about a platonic relationship with someone 8 years older than you? Without sex it is no big deal?

What Guys Said 6

• The problem is his mind has been programmed by society and it's the same society that says homosexuality is ok by natural intentions are not. So it is what it is and sorry to say but just as the Bible foretold it's the last generation and we live in a world full of twisted minds now.

• As you probably already know that was suppose to read (thinks homosexuality is ok BUT natural intended are not).

• If that is the way he feels not much to do about. Except get older, which will happen anyway.

• What can I say to him? Why did he ask me out though? I wasn't immature and was focusing on making my career work. People say I look and act mature but why did this happen?

• He shouldn't have asked me out then. If he cared about age, he could have stopped immediately and told me I am too young for him. I hate it when guys in their twenties think I am too young and old men in their 40s think it is apparently alright to hit on me.

• A lot of people lose their inhibitions as they get older. Don't be surprised if your grandfather's chess buddy hits on you.

• You're too mature to understand your problem :)

• I, personally, would never date an 18 year old again. Been down that road already. Too mentally immature and just a big ol' headache to deal with.

• What the hell is wrong with that online dating? Go out find a guy not like that!

• You are too young..
    He was probably just looking for a pump and dump, He likes you more than that, but yeah, dating it's too much 18-26...
    Be grateful he didn't play you, you would never of seen it coming

• But he said he was looking for a relationship and something serious. How could he have such a sudden change of heart? We got along super well. He messages me the next day after the date and was super excited to talk to me. It is just after this week, he suddenly pulled this stunt on me.

• He told you point blank your too young for him, there was no hidden reasoning, I think your looking for more to it than their actually is

What Girls Said 2

• He was probably talking to other women on the site and found someone else, don't get too butt hurt about it I know it's a downer but your young and hot you'll find a new guy whose probably not a douchebag like he was

• Why didn't he tell me straightforward? It would have been better if he told me that. He shouldn't be so indirect. I would leave him alone after he said that and never talk to him again. Why would he want me to plead ans ask to make it work?

• Day and soon the days turned into weeks. He ended up sending me a bouquet of flowers to my house and a couple days later told me he was just too busy with college to see me anymore. It sucked. I just couldn't understand why he would continue this charade for 6 months and took away something so special from me and just leave. It was the most sick and twisted game that I ever experienced. I just don't trust guys in general anymore especially not older ones

• I think he lacked patience to really believe you couldn't see him for the second time... and thought you were playing games with him. What an ass.

You could have rearranged another time. Oh well too late.

• I did. We were supposed to go out tomorrow it was so stupid. He seemed so interested and happy to talk to me. It came down to this one day where he acted strange. He did this all of a sudden. If all he cared about was age, why did he ask me out?

• it is not your fault, he's just being a dickhead for not having enough patience. Maybe he was trying to get you into bed asap... who knows?