My girlfriend goes to the club with her friends and I was wondering if that is an ok thing to do in a relationship?

I was simply wondering if it's ok. I don't really care if she does or doesn't but some people tell me it is and isn't. My biggest fear is guys hitting on her and trying to get her number but she told me that would never happen. She also texts me sometimes and i text her to make sure she is ok and alright.

So i just simply wanted to know hat is an ok thing to do in a relationship in your eyes.

• Yes it's ok
  • No it's not ok
  • Other - Please explain

Most Helpful Girl

• Ofcourse it's okay, she needs her girl time and if she enjoys going out to clubs bars etc that's completely up to her. If you're worried about guys hitting on her, that's gonna happen, how are they to know she's not single? It is her responsibility to tell them she isn't interested or that she is taken. Dont worry, and the fact that she texts you too is wonderful x

• i do trust her, I believe we have a good trust

Most Helpful Guy

• "guys hitting on her and trying to get her number but she told me that would never happen."

LMFAO, get a clue, of course she's getting hit on--and she's VOLUNTARILY placing herself in a situation where she's guaranteed to be hit on. Let's be realistic about this.

As far as if it's okay or not... depends. Do you think she wouldn't pass you up if a sexier guy came along?

If you trust her, it's fine. If you don't, then it's NOT fine.

But given she's voluntarily placing herself in the line of temptation... Well, do the math.

• Guys and girls go to clubs for different reasons.
      Guys will 100% go to pick up women, but it's not uncommon for girls to go, just to have a night out with friends.

• No, not to me.

I'm the guy likely to be ramming his cock into your "girlfriend's" pussy one of these nights.

• very mature for you age. You not married yet or something? No wonder you can't find a girl, look at the way you speak

What Girls Said 5

• It's ok as long as she doesn't do anything shady and as long as she rejects/declines anyone who tries to hit on her or get her number. It's her responsibility to do that so you shouldn't really be afraid of her getting hit on. More so be afraid of her not rejecting those guys.
    However she sounds like a responsible girl since she sometimes texts you while she's out and such, so I don't think you have much to be afraid of. Trust is important in a relationship.

• I trust her. But i always have that tad bit fear cause she is a beautiful girl. But i believe we trust each other

• Then there shouldn't be a problem.

• I think it's okay as long as it's not an every weekend thing.
    I sometimes go to clubs with my girl friends without my boyfriend and he doesn't mind.
    I know where I stand. If you trust your girl, it shouldn't be a problem

• She goes about every Friday and sometimes saturdays. Maybe not all 4 weeks in a month but 3. I do trust her and she trusts me

• As long as you trust her, it's all that matters.

• yes i do :-)

• Of course it's OK! Just like it'd OK for you to go out with your friends.

You should both maintain social lives outside each other sometimes.

• i'am 100% ok with it, i asked the question because this other girl and some other people told me it's not ok. I trust my girlfriend as i text her to make sure she's ok and she texts me back. The only thing i'am worried about is when guys try and hook up with her but i'm sure she rejects them.

• Sounds like you trust her, so good! As for other guys TRYING to hook up with her - so be it. You trust her to say no, so there's no issue :)

Those other people who said it's not OK are obviously speaking from their own insecurities - they wouldn't be OK with their SO going out without them... OR they're the type that WOULD cheat. Either way, their opinion on it says a lot more about them than it does about you, your girlfriend or your relationship.

• mhm. I love my girlfriend a lot and we do have that trust between us :)

• Yes of course it's okay, you don't own each other.

• i trust her. I just asked the question because some other people said it wasn't ok. But i do trust her

• Yes of course you both need a social life.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes it's fine. If you don't let her that seems controlling and insecure. Trust is a huge thing in a relationship. You can't control who is gonna confront your girlfriend. However if your relationship is solid, you care for each other and she is trustworthy you have no problems.

• It is totally fine and good for you for being okay with it! Too many people of both genders are too controlling, jealous, insecure and needy to allows such behavior anymore... I think it is a great sign of trust and respect in a healthy relationship when you can let your SO go out and have with their friends, even on a night out on the town. sure she may get hit on or someone may try and buy her a drink, but it is how she reacts in those scenarios, and unless she is some lying cheat, you should not worry about anything. After all, if she is a lying cheat you just saved time in figuring it out!

Also kudos to you for not being overbearing with trying to keep in touch, while still being thoughtful enough to make sure she is safe and okay.

• If you date clubin hos, they're going to be hoin at clubs... It comes with the personality... If you don't want to deal with a hedonistic girl that goes out to get attention from random men, practices her manipulation for free drinks, gossips with gossiping bitches, and grinds on dudes junk then date girls that are out of the night life shit or better yet never started. You're not going to control her behavior. That's what she's into... Either you're down for the same bullshit or you need to find a different girl.

• actually i'am competley opposite of her. I don't like clubs and i'm 20 and have never been to one. It's not my style. She's a good girl and we trust each other. But i would assume everything is ok with her at the club as she does sometimes text me

• "But her idea of fun is getting attention from random dudes."

Uhhhh, or she's like several of the girl friends I have that simply like to get their dance on...

You know, a lot of women get really sick of the assumption men make that because they're in a bar/at a club, they want to be gawked at and hit on. Many do, but many do not. I've never been into clubbing because I am not huge on dancing, but mostly because I can't stand the grossness of dudes at clubs... but I have a few girlfriends (including two that are married) that like to go out dancing sometimes with the girls.

• @Sara413 There are dance studios. You can turn on the stereo and dance with your man in your living room as well if it's about dancing with someone. It's not the dancing that entices them to go to the club. They want to be scene dancing by others. It's projection of status and accomplishment. It's an ego thing. You putting on a bitch face saying you get sick of assumptions doesn't change the reality of what it is. I'm a former bboy. I use to spin on my head and shit like that at clubs. I know why people dance in clubs... It's about attention... Bottom line pride...

• Let her have some fun with her gal pals! No matter how much a guy may persist, it is totally up to her to reject him.

You were single once, too, remember?

• yeah. I'm not holding her back, i believe we have that trust between us

• of course it ok! Unless there is trust in the relationship you two are never going to lead fulfilling lives. Let her go out, let her be with her friends. Be confident not jealous

• Yeah... it's ok.
    I understand why you don't like it... I never did either.
    You just have to trust your girlfriend.

• Yes it's ok. If you really trust her then it shouldn't be an issue as she won't stray...