What is a good, but mature way to develop a closer relationship with a woman you are interested in?

I have a girl I am interested in, and I want to try and make our relationship closer, but I dont really know how to do that. I ask my friends and they tell me to flirt with her, but almost all of the flirting I have experienced is childish and just plain stupid. Its stuff like taking her cell phone and hiding it, and annoying her, and continually flicking her in the ear, or acting like a baffoon to get her to laugh. I am not doing any of that, I graduated high school 2 years ago, that kind of stuff should have been left behind, but I still find plenty of guys flirting with women this way and I think it is just stupid. What are some mature, intelligent ways to make your relationship closer? As of right now I am really good at small talk with women, or talking about me or them, and becoming friends but I never know where to take it from there. We are always forever talking about my job, or her favorite food. I just dont know where to go, and women always expect me to lead the conversation (I dont know why because I suck at it unless we are talking about meaningless things). With women I like there is always a white elephant in the room which is our relationship. In several cases the woman knew I was interested or I knew the woman was interested, but whenever we were together we never addressed it. After a while it just becomes very awkward when there is a white elephant in the room that is never addressed. I want to gradually get closer to them and talk about our relationship but I just dont know how to, can anyone help me out?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• "Its stuff like taking her cell phone and hiding it, and annoying her, and continually flicking her in the ear, or acting like a baffoon to get her to laugh."

^if u do stuff like dat, then i believe she'll get u do it in order to draw her attention somehow but not clearly flirty signs.

"I am not doing any of that, I graduated high school 2 years ago, that kind of stuff should have been left behind"

^eh relax u r still young :D

"What are some mature, intelligent ways to make your relationship closer? As of right now I am really good at small talk with women, or talking about me or them, and becoming friends but I never know where to take it from there. We are always forever talking about my job, or her favorite food."

^then it's good if u can handle small talk actually!

but anyway... talkin about yer job always is a no in my opinion... she might believe u r workaholic and u have no time for gals. as for her fav food... do u talk continuously about it?

" I just dont know where to go, and women always expect me to lead the conversation (I dont know why because I suck at it unless we are talking about meaningless things)."

^in this case i beleve u should suggest 'em to take turns instead who'll lead da conv!

anyway if u wanna flirt in a mature way... how about buyin her some nice gift to give her a hint dat u like her?

• Emotions. You're not gonna argue your way into her pants. It's not some females-are-emotional-creatures point. It's just that flirting is not the same as debating the Republican primaries or the merits of Linux (usually).

And you have to touch her. You have to take the initiative and go for what you want. Obviously, she can reject you or stall you etc. But you have to try:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBIL2sdfoVc