IS it weird that he only texts me every couple of days?

I've been out with this guy a few times. The last time we were together he met my friends. He will ask me out regularly, but I don't know if he likes me or not. He's pretty quiet and he always leaves all the planning up to me for the dates. He doesn't text me everyday to ask how I am. I don't know we"ve only gone out 4 times maybe I am expecting too much too soon? There also has not been a talk about what we are.

Most Helpful Guy

• "IS it weird that he only texts me every couple of days?"

^no... i believe reason he's doin it, is in order to not make u believe he's clingy...

"He will ask me out regularly, but I don't know if he likes me or not. "

^if he's actually askin u out... i don't see y he wouldn't...

"He's pretty quiet and he always leaves all the planning up to me for the dates."

^possibly this means he'd go everywhere wid u... so he leaves it to u to arrange for da dates...

"I don't know we"ve only gone out 4 times maybe I am expecting too much too soon? There also has not been a talk about what we are."

^it's still early generally about this "wot we r" talk... so everything's ok till now in my opinion... and i xplained above y he doesn't text much

• he texted me this weekend asking me what I was uo to. I Told Him my plans. then sat night he asked what I was up to now. I assumed he wanted to get together. So I told him I was going to see my friends show and then maybe meeting up for a friends bday. He told me he was tired from working all day and didint feel like coming. Is it over between us? he has not texted me since sat night.

• So what should I do? Should I just wait for him to text me?

• i believe HE should be da one who should text

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you're expecting a bit too much in terms of texting. A lot of people don't want to text every day because it's kind of time consuming. Some people also think it's pointless to just ask how you're doing every single day, since most likely you'll only answer "fine, you?" and then the conversation will lead nowhere.
    Next time you go out, you should say something like "hey, it would be nice if you didn't leave all the planning to me all the time, I want you to plan a little too". Then you could also ask him what he thinks you are. If you want to be a couple, tell him. There's nothing wrong with being straightforward. And since he's shy, it might push him out of his shell a bit. If you tiptoe around him he'll never get the guts to say anything himself, so it seems like you'll have to encourage him. Yes you would be cornering him just a little bit but that's good! Don't let him get too comfortable, raise the heat a little, otherwise you'll be the one stuck doing all the work for all eternity, lol.

What Guys Said 1

• I think right now he's just taking it casual, he's probably busy right.

• Does that mean he does not see me as girlfriend potential? Or could it turn into something more later on?

• its possible it can be more in the future. if he doesn't ever gradually put in more effort down the line then that is cause for concern.

What Girls Said 1

• ... He will ask me out regularly...
    You said it yourself here, dear, you said a mouthful. It sounds like you both are taking your time, going slow with the flow, nursing and nurturing something special that you have both started And... The last time we were together he met my friends.
    You are over thinking too much. He definitely Likes you. If he was not Into you, believe me, he would not even bother to holler.
    Yes, 'Expecting too much,' you have just Began a new Beguine. Rome and Romance were Not built over nite so sit tight for now in your cozy 'Quiet' nest with him.
    It's way too early in this date mate phase to be Discussing nor Rushing Anything Heavy right now. many toms today like to feel things out and get better acquainted with the One they are with before Committing to anyone or making them one of two birds of a feather.
    I also believe that in time as he gets to Know you, he will open up more as well.
    Good luck. xx

• thanks for the great advice and also if I only see him once a week is that normal? It's also due to my busy schedule...

• Oh, so very welcome, sweetie, and yes, it is Quite Normal that two people sometimes are Only able to get together due to hectic schedules. The main thing you both are making a concerted effort in seeing one another and even Texting to say "HI" and with This... It is very healthy. Do not forget Too much of a good thing is not Good so you right now, you have just the right magic touch. xxoo