Is it right to make him wait?

If a girl doesn't want to be in a relationship at the moment, but she tells a guy he must wait 2 years and then she will be ready, but she might change her mind. Is it right for her to ask that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's not ok, that's very selfish and disrespectful. Especially considering that she "might" change her mind.

"Hey so I won't be able to have a relationship for two years. Can you wait for me for those two years? Like there's a chance that I won't like you anymore but like... can you? It's literally a waste of time and feelings but I think I'm like totally entitled to it."

Yep. Selfish and rude. If you can't be with him now then he's better off finding someone else. You can't demand that someone is committed to you even though you have no interest in a relationship. That would make you an egoist.

What Guys Said 8

• Hm, well it's not wrong! I wouldn't scale that desicion on right or wrong honestly. And If he finds that you're the one he really wants to be with, well yeah as odd as it is that he's been given the option to wait 2yrs for any opportunity to be with you he will wait:). Is it that you're focusing on your career and know two years is when you'll be ready? Also if you really want to be with him, so know that in 2 years time, he may not want the relationship with you either, or may have changed a bit himself then:0? It's risky what you ask but "right" haha!

• Two... fucking years.
    Tahts half a presidential term.

• There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you don't interfere if he moves on to another chick in the meantime.

Don't say it as if you're giving him rules to wait.

Just say "I'm not ready now, but I may be down the road"

So that way you leave it entirely up to him.

• It's not fair to ask him to hold himself celibate for you that's just selfish. But saying you won't date him for two years is fine. Just don't expect him to be around when that time comes.

• hell no one two month yeah sure more is bye bye

• hahah no damn way I wouldn't wait 2 years for one girl - NEVER do that guys or your totaly stupid :D

• No it's not okay, you're trying to keep him on a leash waiting for you.

• Nah, that's not cool

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah that's wrong to tell a guy to wait on you. The poor guy. :(

• No who the hell has time for that?

• No, it is not right at all. The guy is not a tool. He's a person like you are.