Is it fine to date a cop if you're 18 but still in high school?

My friend here is freaking out. She really likes this cop that she's been seeing but she's still in high school. We graduate in June 2016, but she started school late so she's 18. She didn't tell him that she's still in high school. I told her that it's probably find since she's 18 but do you guys think its fine?

Most Helpful Guy

• As for legality, it is legal completely. But he may be a college grad to get the job, and he is certainly a public figure. It could look bad for him to be dating a high school girl, even though she is 18. She needs to tell him and let him decide if it will be seen as a problem for him.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's legal age, so it's fine.
    Her education level has nothing to do with her legally being able to date another adult.

I would only see this has a problem if he were her teacher.
    (Then that would be seen as unethical ) and his whole work position would be compromised.

Your friend has nothing to worry about.

What Guys Said 5

• Oh shit, I know how this got started. Which one is it?
    www.vogue.com/.../...-jump-street_113913594562.jpg

• How old is he?

• he's 24, he knows she's 18 but not the high school part

• At his age, some guys might think about getting a wife and kids. That would not fit in with her HS and make college impossible.

• It's never fine to date a cop...

I kid I kid

• one time when i got arrested i was talking to this cop he told me he married a 17 year old girl he had her parents permission he's a cop he knows the law i would't worry about it

• It's never okay to date a cop

What Girls Said 5

• It's okay but I wouldn't hold my breathe on the relationship.

• She is 18. No matter if she is in school still or not, she is an adult and of legal age.

• It's fine, but if she wants a relationship with him, she probably is not going to be able to hide the fact (nor should she) that she is in high school still. She should be up front with him.

• Yeah I told her its best to just tell him now

• It's not technically wrong, but it could look bad to his boss. She needs to tell him ASAP.

• As long as she's 18, it's fine