Dating a guy that earns less than me. Advise?

I've been dating this guy for the last two months. He is very serious about me and I am crazy about him too. The problem, he earns considerably less than me which was never an issue for me but now that I checked my budget I saw that having to cook for him is really impacting finances in a bad way. He is at my place 4/5 times a week. I am 100% independent and pay for everything myself. I also live alone. Previously where 1 packet of mince would give me 4 meals it now only gives me 1. I know it sounds silly but it's as if he is eating me into bankruptcy. And we don't go out because it would mean Id have to pay because I know he doesn't have money. He would sometimes get me something like wine or chocolates when he has money, but not groceries. He lives with his parents currently and we can't really be alone there so that is no use. How do I tell him he needs to start contributing without it being awkward. I love having him around but it's hurting me financially catering for 2 people 4/5 times a week.

I know he pays rent and bills with his parents and he is currently looking a new job that pays more. So I know he I trying, but I'm suffering in the mean time.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just talk to him about your financial situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he lives with his parents, that means he doesn't pay rent or bills, so where is all his money going?

If he can eat up your groceries, he can buy some groceries.

Voice your concerns & if he has a problem, drop him & move on. You are not his mother & he is too old to be freeloading like that.

What Guys Said 2

• Very delicate subject with no easy answers. If you feel that strongly you're going to have to tell him how you feel. Ask if you can eat with his family some

• does money matter in relationships?

• No it does not matter. He is such a good guy. But I'm struggling financially with him in my life.

• then live happy together. help him find his job or something...

What Girls Said 1

• You should never say , ' yes' to others if it means you are saying , ' no ' to yourself. You need to talk to him and explain you have live by a budget every week, and if you go beyond that it puts you into financial difficulty. Tell him you will have to cut back on the amount of meals you are making. If he cares he will understand. You can't be expected to live beyond your means. 💙😊