Could you have a crush on someone but not want to date them?

If yes, why?

• Yes
  • No
  • LOL wut
Also, if you had a crush on someone you don't want to date, what would you do? ... Like avoid them?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I've been physically attracted to someone and I enjoyed her sense of humor but I knew we wouldn't fit. Had vastly different outlooks on life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, because crushes are not something you can control. But what you do with it, is controllable. Maybe you don't have time to date someone, maybe your crush has some qualities that you know will annoy you, maybe you just don't want to date anyone etc.

What Guys Said 10

• I suppose if the idea of being with them is better then actually being with them then yeah I could see the logic in that.

• Definitely, for example they are physically attractive, but they smoke. Or just exhibit any kind of deal breaker behavior. Like doing drugs, liking 50 Shades of Grey, etc.

• Yes, its very possible. In fact, I'm in that situation right now. My crush is absolutely stunning. But she is an awful person, and I've heard about her saying things about me behind my back, so I'd never date her.

• Would you define a crush as physical attraction alone? Or does that imply some form of emotional attachment or basic personality attraction too?

• Well for me, when i find someone beautiful enough, i start famtasizing about what it would be like to date her. I make up my own version of her personality in my head, before i even get to know her. And before i know it, i develope a crush on her that i can't seem to get rid of even though i have seen her true colors.

• A girl who had a crush on me in HS bur had decided not to date before college.

• Not right now, but I used to have a crush on someone like that... Why? Because she was taken, and you don't steal a girlfriend

• Yeah, why not

• you can be attracted to someone physically even if you hate their guts or personality. Also some people just might not feel like they want a relationship at the time

• some times you'd rather have a crush on some one and live in that fantasy, than asking them out getting rejected and and then overall feeling bad about your self

• Yes for a one night stand

• Yes I had crushes on many pornstars like Niki Benz, lisa Ann, sunny Leone, aletta ocean etc. But I can't approach/date them since they are used ones/have stds..

What Girls Said 11

• I've had a lot of crushes like that actually. Why? Either because I felt like I could never be good enough for them, or I knew they wouldn't be good for me, my life.

• Absolutely well first a crush is just simply a crush you find that person attractive but that doesn't mean you want to be in a relationship with them.

But there could be a bunch of reasons why you won't date that person:

-you're in a relationship
    -they're in a relationship
    -your friend is dating them
    -you know they're just not right for you (would lead you down the wrong path)
    -different religious beliefs
    -different race and family would interfere
    -it's just a physical attraction

Etc.

• Yes! Just a personal preference, for example some people aren't girlfriend/boyfriend material for you, but yet you're attracted to them. Or could be I'm not ready for a relationship or don't want to be in one x

• I do! The only crush I ever had actually - we, for some reason, started talking again but I just can't imagine ever dating him now - it's like I'm trying to get over him although I actually don't wanna get over.. It's weird..

• Yes. I may not want a realtionship with them at the moment, for differnt reasons. I may of just broke up with someone, want to foucs on shcool, not mentally ok for a realtionship etc etc.

• Yes, i crus on a lot of people, yet i dont want to date, because im asocial and i just get really scared if someone acctually want to meet me outside.

• Yeah definitely.

• Very possible. Happens to me a lot.

• Yes, of course. I've liked guys that I knew I wouldn't be compatible with.

• I've crushes on plenty of people I've never dated

• Yes it's called lust. The guy just wants to fuck you but he does not want to date you