How would you feel if your date was a smoker?

I see so many people saying that smoking is gross and that they would not want to date somebody who is a smoker? Why so? Yes I know its bad for their health but what if they like it? It's their life after all. So would you date a smoker? by the way I don't smoke just curious.

Also, I am used to people smoking around me as all my cousins, many uncles, aunts, my dad and grandparents smoke.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to say , i think cigarette smoking is bad for you
    and i loss so many family members due to cigarettes.
    My cousin smokes around me and that is second hand
    smoking so who knows ,

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of drugs does this person do?

Do you mean cigarettes?
    I mean yes, I wouldn't really care in the beginning.
    But after a while as my feelings start to grow for this person... I wouldn't like their habit so much anymore because they are damaging their health.

Of course, I couldn't force this person to stop it has to come from them.
    But if they're ever ready, I'd be there for them to offer my support.
    I'd also let them know how I feel about smoking initially.

What Guys Said 5

• Namely because I don't like smoking, I don't like the smell of it, and I don't want to be second-hand smoking or for my kids to be breathing it in, either. I wouldn't date a smoker. You're right, it's their life; they can live it without me.

• I am one and I honestly never encountered a girl who said that she had a problem with it only on this website lol

• I wouldn't date a smoker because I find smoke repulsive. some things to think about: if the person smokes regularly then the smell lingers in their belongings and clothing. would this bother you? also if you are making out and they have smoked recently i have heard that you can taste it.

• Smoker is a deal breaker... So unhealthy. And I don't want to put my own health at risk by being around one all the time... it smells too

• I wouldn't date a smoker it shows they don't have self love

What Girls Said 4

• Because it is really frustrating.

I live with one, so I know.

". Yes I know its bad for their health but what if they like it?"

See that's the thing. I don't think we will get along if we have different mind set. We would be better off as friends.

• So when it comes to dating your date has to have the same opinions and mind set with you?

• I am not into opposite attraction.

• It's a dealbreaker. It would be the first and the last date then. I have astma and so can't breathe well around smokers. Plus I think it's stupid and it stinks so bad. Just no smokers. Period.

• I won't date anyone that smokes cigarettes if that's what you mean. My older sister is starting to smoke cigarettes in the house and I hate it. In currently talking to a guy that's trying to quit smoking weed so much everyday. He's not trying to quit. He's just trying to only smoke on weekends so it won't interfere with him and school anymore.

• I wouldn't date a smoker. Period.