Does my dad have the right to stop me from seeing my boyfriend?

Im 19 my boyfriend of 3 years is 20... basically last night I went out with a group of my friends and we all had an amazing night and then decided to sleep over. I left with my dads permission. I get home and for some reason I am in HUGE trouble for going out! Anyways that story has absolutely nothing to do with my boyfriend. My dad is a ass hole. Like in all seriousness. So everytime I do somethin or something happens or whatever its always my boyfriends fault. Lol he wasn't even there that night. My dad won't have to see him for a whole week and it will be his fault! there's no logic to that at all. I do not believe my dad wants me to be happy comsidering he wants me to stop seeing him. he's mainly my happiness. Does my dad have the right to do this even considering that I am an adult? If not what can I do? Please help me...

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think your father is being reasonable... However, unfortunately I don't think you can do much. You can ignore what you father says, but it will probably have consequences. The best would be leave and get your own house but I know it's not that easy :/

What Guys Said 3

• Have a conversation with your dad. Make sure you are composed and act only as an adult. Show him that you have thought this through. Tell him how happy you boyfriend makes you feel and say you're hurting me with your assumptions about my boyfriend.. etc.

• I think that hurting me is his intention...

• He can't actually stop you from seeing or talking to him, but you have to think why doesn't he want you to go out with him. He will have to have a reason for this based on some time of logic that makes sense to him. a better question is what do your freinds and other people you know think of him

• The reason is because my dad is a ass hole lol. He wants to take a way the one and only thing that makes me happy. Its like he's getting revenge for me being out late!

• Everyone loves him. My dad is the only one who somehow blames him for everything

• he has no right now, and technically no rite after you turned 16, it's in your extended human rights

What Girls Said 1

• If you don't want to respect your dad's rules or follow them (which he gives you because he wants you safe and to know where you are and who you're with) then move out and support yourself and then you can do what you like. It's not an adult attitude to whine about your parents feelings or how they express themselves. If you don't like how things are done where you are, them it is your right as an adult to leave, and change your environment.

• Yeah.. but its one thing to say your allowed to go out and then when I do it you twll me I was never allowed thats just messing around too much. Sticking to your word is more adult like attitude not that wishy washy crap lol

• Becasue in that case im just gettin in trouble for stuff you told me I can do!