Long distance relationships?

do any of you have long distances relationships? I like this girl but she lives 2.5 hours away. I didn't know if they work out or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• When my boyfriend and I first started dating, we lived 1.5 hours apart. It wasn't bad and we saw each other on the weekends fairly regularly. That lasted 8 months until I finished school and moved closer. I honestly think it was good we had the physical distance in the beginning because I would have been too overwhelmed with it otherwise, but that's just me.

However, it was not okay when he had to move 1000 miles away for grad school and I could never do that distance in a relationship again. Fortunately, that only lasted 9 months and we are currently living in the same area again.

• Thanks for the reply. Glad it work out

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been in one for a year and it is going alright. the trick is to be sure and visit each other as often as possible

What Girls Said 4

• 2.5 hours?
    My fiance lives 12 away haha.
    It sucks, but they work if the person is worth it.

• Thanks for the reply.

• They typically don't but if two people are genuinely committed to each other they will work

• You have no idea

• Long distance relationships can work with good communication and commitment. My boyfriend and I are 4 hours away and we've been dating for over a year with no complications.

• Thank so. How often do you see each other?

• He doesn't drive so I either drive there or he catches a ride with a friend of ours when she comes this way.

• Thanks for the replies

What Guys Said 2

• No, LDR's don't work out, they are most likely to fail rather than succeed. That's my opinion.

• lol 2.5hrs away is nothing =)