How to deal with being ignored?

I was seeing a guy but after we wanted different things we decided to just be friends. Last time he spoke to me we had a minor disagreement but that was all sorted out and we were going to catch up.
Anyway I messaged him a couple of times and he ignored me.
I decided to be honest and ask him if we're still friends because I don't want to be annoying.
But he read that message and didn't reply :(
I don't think there's any reason for him to be blatently ignoring me but obviously I'm not going to keep trying.
We usually talk on facebook, I don't know if I should delete him and cut ties or just leave it and see if he comes around.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It is hurtful when someone you care about ignores you. It's more hurtful than harsh words

If someone ignores me then i never disturb them again.

You should stop initiating contact with him. If he cares - he'll notice. If he doesn't - he won't.

If he wants you to be in his life, he'll put you there. You shouldn't have to fight for a ' spot'. 💜😊 xx

• Just leave it tbh. in my opinion it seems like he can't be bothered to reply and is possibly done with the friendship for now. Leave him be, keep the door open, and eventually he will probably start being more friendly towards you.