Is it bad that I don't want to a boyfriend (I'm straight btw) ?

Lately a lot of guys have been asking me out or to be their girlfriend. I am a natural flirt (which is sometimes good and other times bad) and I enjoy talking to guys but as soon as they start to get needy, cling or want a realationship I back away.

All of my friends really want boyfriends and I'm here rejecting them all. Isn't the guy ment to be the one who doesn't want to commit, not the girl? Cause I just don't want a commitment. I still like talking to them in a flirty way but I hate them feeling like we will end up as a thing.

Does this make me a player?

please help!!!

Sorry for all the typos by the way 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• "Lately a lot of guys have been asking me out or to be their girlfriend. I am a natural flirt (which is sometimes good and other times bad) and I enjoy talking to guys but as soon as they start to get needy, cling or want a realationship I back away. "

^if that's so then i believe u should mention beforehand u r against datin in order to avoid further misunderstandin.

"All of my friends really want boyfriends and I'm here rejecting them all. Isn't the guy ment to be the one who doesn't want to commit, not the girl? "

^not always... basically when someone doesn't wanna commit chances r he's a guy... but there r some gals who think this way like u.

"Does this make me a player?"

^no... as long as u r honest wid yer intentions... no. u'll be a player ONLY if u keep on tellin 'em u want to be in a relationship... whilst yer main purpose's just flirt wid 'em ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• If you don't want a relationship right now, that's 100% fine. You're not ready, you're not into it, whatever - it's all good. You don't have to be forced (or pressured) into something you don't want simply because someone else thinks you ought to. You are the most important person in your own life and you get to decide if and when you date someone exclusively.

What Guys Said 5

• You're young so you don't have to worry! I feel the same way you do, but for different reasons. I'm newly single after a 2 year relationship and I don't want todate anyone right now because I'm enjoying the single life! Being single isn't bad. It can actually be more fun. Plus half of the guys your age are still immature as hell anyways. I know they are in my age group too.

• A girl who's perceived as being too flirty might turn some guys away.
    Thus don't wonder if that happens.

• I don't mean to be flirty... people just tell me I am or acuse me of hitting on their boyfriends when all I was doing for talking to them. I don't know how to stop it without being cold and rude.

• You're not obliged to have a boyfriend. But don't make guys think that you do and lead them on, because then you'll just disappoint them.
    I don't want a girlfriend, and I don't think that makes me a bad person (sorry ladies :P)

• That doesn't make you a player (you would have to woo them, have sex with them, then ditch them), it just means you are not interested in a romantic relationship with devotion and affection and all that stuff for whatever reason.

• You're afraid of being hurt, but you like attention (who doesn't), just don't be surprised when the guy you eventually get with, cheats on you for being naturally flirty

• Why would he cheat? I don't get it?

• Does being flirty make me seem easy? Because I try really hard not to be flirty... it just comes on accident without me always realising.

• Pretty much

What Girls Said 2

• THANK GOODNESS! ur too young to settle anyway.

as for this bit: "Isn't the guy ment to be the one who doesn't want to commit, not the girl?"

be careful hun, because this isn't true for many of them, so make sure u aren't putting them all in the same box. enjoy the rest of ur childhood! =]

• Sorry it's just my older friends that are dating are always complaining that no guy wants to be serious. Didn't mean to stereotype ☺️

• nah that's ok I'm just telling u to be cautious is all :)

• It doesn't make u a player. What I consider a player is someone who sleeps with everyone and doesn't tell. I think that's fine, u may come off as a flirty type but sometimes it ur personality. I'm guessing the reason why u asked this is because everyone has boyfriends nowadays. But hey I'm not looking for a relationship either. being friends with guys is fine.