I was seeing a Jewish guy but two days ago everything went down hill, and I don't know what to do?

So I have been seeing this Jewish guy (my best friend introduced me for) for a couple of weeks, and two days ago he told me that I shall not fall in love with him and I asked why and then he said that he promised he dad who is dead that he was going to marry a Jewish girl. I was really disappointed and I can't help it but to feel like shit and I'm not worth anything since I'm Catholic, and he knew that I wasn't Jewish from the beginning. I told me that there was no reason to keep seeing each other because I'm not going to be with someone that is going to dump me in a couple of months.

However, the last time I saw him, which was yesterday when he drove me to the train station, (we live in two different cities that is only one hour away), he kept saying that he likes me very much and that he asked me when he was going to see me again. I was almost on the verge of burst out laughing because I was thinking, is this a joke? I said that we'll see. When I was about to go to the train, he kept kissing me and hugging me. The funny part is that he doesn't keep kosher, he doesn't have a Rabbi, he told me that he doesn't believe in God and he doesn't even go to the Synagogue, and during Jewish holidays like Yom Kippur he doesn't even fast...

P. S. For everyone's information, my mom who is a devoted Catholic told me that I can marry a Jew if I want as long as he is a good guy and good towards me...

Oh yeah, after I was done crying in front of him because I basically felt like shit and I disappointed, he told me that he lost 10 years of his life because he saw me cry and that his heart almost hit the ground.

What Guys Said 2

• "So I have been seeing this Jewish guy (my best friend introduced me for) for a couple of weeks, and two days ago he told me that I shall not fall in love with him and I asked why and then he said that he promised he dad who is dead that he was going to marry a Jewish girl. "

^if that's so and u r not jewish... then u'll neve do anything wid him... unless if u convert into his religion!

"I was really disappointed and I can't help it but to feel like shit and I'm not worth anything since I'm Catholic, and he knew that I wasn't Jewish from the beginning. I told me that there was no reason to keep seeing each other because I'm not going to be with someone that is going to dump me in a couple of months. "

^he was honest wid u and didn't want to play wid her feelings... i approve this kind of behavior.

"However, the last time I saw him, which was yesterday when he drove me to the train station, (we live in two different cities that is only one hour away), he kept saying that he likes me very much and that he asked me when he was going to see me again."

^even if he can't do anything wid u coz of da promise he gave... it doesn't mean he doesn't like u. he may does since he's a human after all.

" When I was about to go to the train, he kept kissing me and hugging me. The funny part is that he doesn't keep kosher, he doesn't have a Rabbi, he told me that he doesn't believe in God and he doesn't even go to the Synagogue, and during Jewish holidays like Yom Kippur he doesn't even fast... "

^whoa so this means he's not strictly religious. he's probably religious coz of his family i guess.

"Oh yeah, after I was done crying in front of him because I basically felt like shit and I disappointed, he told me that he lost 10 years of his life because he saw me cry and that his heart almost hit the ground."

^then definetely he has feelings... but honestly i don't believe anything will happen... possibly his dad's wish was havin his son to marry a jewish gal... a promise he gave to his dad cannot be broken easily... otherwise he'd betray him.

only thing u can do to be wid him's to convert into his religion... but on da other hand since yer mom's a devoted catholic as u say... u might betray her as well if u do :/

• He knew that I'm not Jewish from day 1, so he shouldn't have started anything to me, and when I confronted him with this, he couldn't even answer the question...

• i see... possibly he's willin to break da promise he made just for u then (i believe.. might be wrong though)

• Well Judaism is not just a religion it is an ethnicity. I am a catholic like you, but my mother is Jewish. According to jewish law that makes me jewish too because it passes down the maternal line. His father probably wanted jewish grandchildren and it seems disrespectful to defy his father's wishes especially now that his dad is dead.

• Well, I told him that there is no point of seeing each other since there is no future in this but he's the one who wants to keep seeing me, so if someone is being disrespectful to his dad's last wish its him and not me. No really? Wow! I didn't know that Judaism is passed down the maternal line, I just live in Israel and have no clue about this... (rolling eyes) Fyi, Judaism is not ethnicity but a religion...

• You never said you live in Israel there aren't exactly an abundance of catholics there, as for why he is acting this way he is torn.

What Girls Said 0