Was he wrong to hit me?

I provoked the fight he was going to get a salad for me I said something to piss him off. He went on the bed and changed his mind. I got mad. And I went over to him hit his face lightly. I said you don't like it when I hit you. Because he's hit me so many times. And never apologize he tells me to leave. And I call him a bitch he gets up spits in my face I push him and he keeps hitting me in the head and arms and I'm crying to him to stop but he didn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why dont you dump him? Huh?
    Why stay with a psyco?

Most Helpful Girl

• this was wild from the start to the finish. But its not okay in anyway to hit someone. and especially in a relationship. and ESPECIALLY not over a fucking salad. i think you were the wrong one to hit. as a matter of a fact, you guys shouldn't be hitting eachother overall. No matter if its a light smack, someone spitting at the other person or someone throwing one person to the ground. there are way better ways to solve things. and you guys chose the wrong way to do it. if i were to decide in this case i think you guys should spilt. this is not normal. its not normal for people to lash out at eachother so badly over a wrong order. if you just wanted something else you should have said so.

• Don't blame the victim, what is wrong with you?

• Provoked? He spit on me so I hit him either way. He could have killed me

• You did provoke him. And who does that over a fucking salad?

What Guys Said 4

• Firstly you really shouldn't hit your boyfriend, but secondly get away from this man you really aren't good for eachother :/

• yes, he was

• he's a psycho. you need to leave and NEVER go ack.

• Your both kids playing the hitting game

But he's the bigger loser in this story

What Girls Said 2

• Yes he was, he was extremely wrong. I mean no you shouldn't have provoked him, but that doesn't make you the bad person nor does it mean you deserved it. He is a man, he's stronger than you and he knows it. Hitting you just because you angered him a little bit? Spitting in your face? That's just plain disrespectful and wrong. You should report him to the police. Even if you don't do that (but I severely recommend turning him), you don't need to ever talk to him again, I'm assuming he's your boyfriend. He's a piece of shit, and no matter what, you DID NOT deserve it. I'm really sorry that happened to you and if you turn him in and/or get a restraining order, it will really help prevent it from happening again.

• You shouldn't have hit him , i dont know ur relationship u know it more than anyone here so its up to u ; if u think ur man loves u and u love him then talk with him about it and tell him that its time for u two to stop this violence and disrespect between eachother , if u think that u can't take it anymore then break up with him and find a better man who takes care of u and doesn't spit in ur face (its the worst thing for me ) :(
    When u talk to him try not to look agressive make him understand that this time u dont want to fight but talk normally
    I wish u the best and please dont cry :/