Guys shouldn't be picky when it comes to dating, while girls can be?

Since girls can just sit back and let guys come to them girls can be pickier whereas guys shouldn't be picky since they have to approach.

Agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nobody should be overly picky, regardless of gender. Just like neither gender should just settle, either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Disagree.

The advantage of having to approach is you can choose who to approach, so you needn't approach anyone you aren't attracted to.

• But then what if the person you approached has a personality you don't mesh with? wouldn't you feel like you wasted your time?

• Well that could happen regardless of initial attraction. I would feel better about discovering a personality I wasn't attracted to and then retreating, than hitting on a woman knowing full well I wasn't attracted to her. My experience with the latter is bad: for your self-esteem and integrity, and for her. The exception is if you just want casual sex, and both people know that that's the game, then you can go for someone you wouldn't date.

That's my opinion.

• Thanks for MHO :D

What Girls Said 8

• "Umm, I don't care if I'm not you're type you're a guy so you gotta date me you ain't got no say in this - duh."
    😂

• It's not about guys and girls. If people don't approach you then maybe you will be less inclined to be picky. If people are always hitting on you then you know you have options

• " If people don't approach you then maybe you will be less inclined to be picky." which tend to be guys

" If people are always hitting on you then you know you have options" Which tend to be girls

• but that is still not the norm these days

• Maybe not for the older population.

• Disagree, I think that it's okay for both guys and girls to be picky.

• guys can be picky too.. they should feel attracted to the girl they approach..

• Everyone's allowed to be 'picky'

• No one should be overly picky, but some preferences are fine. I mean, you can't like everyone. If you don't like someone, just keep going until you find someone you do like.

• what would you say is an example of someone being 'overly picky'?

• I guess if someone has just one vision for their mate/SO. Like "she must be 5 foot 8 and a half inches tall, weigh exactly 114 pounds, with straight blonde hair.." etc. Just really precise exact ones, instead of saying he prefers someone a bit tall, slim and blonde. Personally I wouldn't limit myself, but that's my preference to not to do so.

You can't help who you are attracted to. :)

• I personally have met plenty of picky men

• It doesn't matter if I agree or disagree. All it matters is how the things actually work in the real world.

• And how do things work in this world within the context of this question?

What Guys Said 10

• Guys aren't picky?
    Where have you been the last 30 years?

• Disagree of course? who says that? why shouldn't guys be picky? Of course guys can be picky too, very choosy too, there are men who have standards or even high standards for the kind of woman they want, so I totally disagree with this.

• I always figured only good looking girls and guys can get to be picky

• No everybody has the right to be picky.
    I ain't going for some hand me down, I want a really woman.

• Being picky is a women's trait which makes sense.

• i completely disagree...

• I've actually heard guys approaching women is getting more and more uncommon recently.

If that is the case, then the situations may switch.

• But you would agree the approaches shouldn't be picky while the one being approached can be?

• Disagree. I'm a picky type because I have set standards. We have to pick whom we are going to approach.

• All my girlfriends after the age of 20 approached me. I generally had 5 or 6 to choose from. Still don't really know why.

• The trick is in not being unreasonable.
    Most people aim way higher than they can reach.