Should I try to win back my ex?

we had been together for three years. i did something stupid and i cheated on him. i know what i did was messed up. so right after i cheated i told him what i did. he broke up with right after. we haven't talked for a whole year. a month ago we met up and became friends again. he just told me that the day i told him i cheated. he was going to propose to me that weak. he then showed me the diamond ring with my name on it. we laughed it off but now im thinking that we should get back together. but he has a girlfriend that he has been seeing for a few months. but why would he show me the ring? why would he want to talk to me after i broke his heart? does he want me back? should i try to win him back or should i just let him go?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let it go and move on. Why did you cheat btw?

• We had a fight and I wanted to forget about it. So me and my male friend went drinking. I got drunk and he talked me into sleeping with him.

• Was that a smart thing to do? Just let it go and learn from this experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't try to win him back. You should move on.

What Guys Said 5

• I think for the most part people can't sympathize for you because you are the bad guy. You cheated, broke his heart, and now, that he is with someone and gave you a glimpse of what you fucked up, you want him back. However even if you did mess up really bad, if you know that you truly still love him, and its not nostalgia or excitement about the proposal story, you definitely should try. keep him close as a friend dont entice him to cheat as you did, instead wait to see how his current relationship goes. Just be there for him , if he still loves you too then they won't work out and you can try again. NEVER break someones heart a second time. The first time is terrible enough. please only try if you are confident about your feelings for him.

• no you shouldn't try to win him back while he is with this other chic , it would look as if you are coming between them and would surely not go over well with him. it they don't make it then you would have a chance to see where things could go

• 0|0
    • Cheating is like Elsa's braid at 0:01. Once you see that she moves her braid through her left arm... you never forget that it happened. You'll never un-see the flaw.

• I think u should follow your heart no matter what, if u love him u find a way to shoe her that n go for... good luck, we all make mistakes

• move on girl

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think you should if he's with someone else.