Is it ok to ask her out for a date by text?

i dont have her phone number, we rarely see each other at work and there are always customers and work colleagues around, so i never get any alone time to ask her, i have been chatting to her on fb, should i ask her through message? just say like i really like you and would love to take you on a date, but if u want to stay friends and dont feel that way about me its fine, i dont want things to get awkward?

Most Helpful Girl

• Really, it all depends on her personality. Some girls are fine with that, and some girls don't like that. For instance, for me, I wouldn't accept a date from a guy who asked me out via text or fb message. Because in my head, I think if he doesn't have the decency to ask me out face to face then he's not my type. I like a man who has enough courage and confidence to walk up to me and ask me out. Asking someone out through message is just so impersonal y'know. It's just like breaking up with a girl through text. Some girls, however, don't care about that. If you wanna take a shot and ask her out via text or message it's totally up to you. Good luck bro 😊

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe you could ask for her phone number to call her sometime. and then give her a call and ask her out.

I'm sure the younger generation is different. I'm sure at this point texting these types of things are much more normal but to me it should still be more personal and either done in person or at the very least over the phone.

maybe next time your at work with her just say 'hey when you get a second I wanted to ask you something'

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah asking someone out on a date like that is fine and acceptable. Good luck :)

• It's perfectly okay, sometimes it's actually nice for the first date to be asked over text, as it gives the girl a little bit of thinking time as to how she'd like to respond

• In my opinion it's fine. It puts us under less pressure than when it's done in person.

What Guys Said 1

• yes, of course!

Have a place in mind, and ask her if she would like to join you at that place. If it's a coffee shop for example, ask her if she would be free to join you at the coffee shop for some coffee, if her schedule allows. Shows you have a plan, and have consideration. Leave it at that, and leave the rest out. Stay positive always. Good luck!