Why would a guy not like for a girl to wear heels?

I am about 5'4 and the man I am seeing is 6'4. I am 28 and he's 41. I don't even wear high heels, mostly like sandals and wedges. He seems to get uncomfortable when I wear them. This is his first time mentioning it to me. He was not rude or disrespectful but was like do you always wear heels. What could be the issue. Like I sad, they are usually wedge like sandals with low heels. I also wore a dress and because my butt is kinda big it looked shorter int he back.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a clue, frankly! I don't know any guy who prefers a girl to wear flats - not one. At the very least guys are ambivalent about heels, but most very much prefer them, and the higher the better so long as it stays the right side of classy. The only possible reason I'd have suggested is insecurity over height if the guy is short - that's clearly not the case here. If pushed, the only other conceivable explanation is insecurity over you looking sexier in heels (because, let's face it, you just do!) - especially as he's older, maybe he's insecure that you'll catch the eye of a younger, fitter guy. In which case that's 100% his problem - you wear what you feel good in. I'm a similar age to that guy and let me tell you, it would never cross my mind to try to de-sexify (nicely made up word there) a girl I was dating - I'd think myself very lucky and be more than happy to 'show you off'!! :)

• you really think its insecurity?
      He has a lot more going for himself than guys my age and he is baby faced.

• Damned character limit. But you're right of course - if you're in a serious relationship you shouldn't have a profile on a dating website, and neither should he. I would just bring it up as a casual light-hearted topic of conversation, you don't have to state you saw him on it and start something awkward. You can just go along the lines of 'hey, you know I still have a profile on that site, think it must be about time I took that down don't you?', it'll be fine. If he does have an issue with that, or if he doesn't take his down shortly thereafter, that would be a better time to start worrying. Good luck, and nice heels by the way. ;)

• Thanks for the MHO, happy I could help! :)

What Guys Said 5

• you could phrase it as though you worry about his back. you dont want him to always have to work to kiss you. My crush is always so overly focused on her height she's 4'10" im 5'11" it doesn't bother me that if she has her arms around my neck im pretty much holding her if i stand up right. Just phrase it in a matter of you caring for him he will reconsider and accept it i think. well i did.

• Usually s guy would prefer a women they are interested in to not wear heals because, quite frankly, even though there is no logic behind it, we like to feel tall so we don't want you to become taller than us. But with that size difference, it shouldn't matter.

• Speak for yourself, I don't mind having a taller girlfriend. Why this obsession that the guy *must* be taller than the girl anyway?

• @Maverickj wether you or I do or don't have a problem with having a girl be taller than us is irrelevant to the question, I said usually guys prefer it. And everyone likes to feel tall at times (or else women wouldn't wear heels) I personally don't care if a girl is taller than me, but from what I have observed, guys typically fall into what I said... Did that make any sense?

• Because it's bad for your back, it's useless.
    Does not make you more sexy or pretty.
    Makes noise.
    Feels weird.

In my opinion...

• I don't particularly like it when women wear heels, I just don't see the point. You're damaging your feet and making yourself uncomfortable just to look a little bit taller.

• Also I still don't understand why it's so important for some people for the guy to be taller than the girl.

• You do know that when he's 100, you'll be 87, right? Just sayin'

I think he was saying, you looked good in them, that was just his way of sayin it

What Girls Said 3

• it could be because your smaller he has the feeling to protect you because he views you as your fragile or because it makes him feel manlier and more dominant

• Hehehe, you already know how male ego works :-)
      Keep learning and soon enough, you'll have them under your thumb ;-)

• My boyfriend's 6'4" and says he doesn't like me wearing heels because I'm "going to trip and die". I'm 5'7" and other than worrying about my balance (I'm pretty clumsy) he doesn't have a problem as long as I'm not his height. He says that freaks him out. He doesn't like going from having to look down to talk to me because I'm so much shorter to looking where I am in my heels.

• It's his low key way of keeping you "protected" he just wants you safe.