Why do girls often left in heartbreak and not guys?

I'm not saying that guys never feel heart broken but in most cases. Girls are usually the I ones that spend sleepless nights crying, over thinking, and go through total devastation while guys usually get over girls quicker, or can use a girl for sex and not feel guilty, or play/ lead a girl on and go on completely unaffected and aware of the damage they've caused. In MOST cases it seems like girls love harder and give give give while all guys do is take take take. Things like this make me want to be a guy. Because everyone fights for their attention and girl wants to be the girl to mean That much to him, that he changes his ways so they give themselves false hope and critic every little flaw they have which leads to feelings of inadequacy. How can guys not really have a lot of emotion while girls are overwhelmed with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just to point out it's not always the case, I have only had about four relationships at the age of 20, I'm not like most guys by any means, I'm as genuine as you could imagine.

My last girlfriend broke up with me because she was raped the year prior and around the one year on mark she got depressed, too depressed, we broke up after a month trying to sort everything out, I remained close to look out for her.

It's now been about two years, god knows how many times I've helped her, she's suicidal occasionally and I have spent days without sleep to sit up and talk her out of it, I have done everything I can do to help her and then some. I just wanted to get this out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am pretty sure that is not true. Most guys learn to hide it though.

What Guys Said 8

• that's just the way girls are wired, i guess. guys are wired differently. The male version of a 'heart' is a 'dick.' we don't have "heart-throbs" we have "dick-throbs". We don't have "heartache" we have "ED". We don't lie awake at night crying, we lie awake at night masturbating. Because of this, we "get over" girls very easily when it comes to sex, but not so much when it comes to relationships. If we get out of a bad relationship, we may not have another for years.

• I think whoever gets heartbroken depends on who does the "dumping", because you feel rejected. Also, I don't really agree with the whole give give give, take take take thing- I doubt it's most cases...
    I don't know, I've never been in a relationship :P

• Guys fall just as deep and hard. We just show it differently

• Guys don't cry in public but yea we fall apart with our closest friend generally. Girls also use guys sometimes

• Guys just don't talk about that shit
    Girls let the whole world know lol

Men must seem strong ( not show emotions)
    Women can show their emotions without feeling as weak or vulnerable

• Guys get heart broken too, as much as girls do

• lol that´s just your perception. the one who´s left is allways the heartbroken.

• It really depends on the guy, most men are heartbroken, depending on the length of the relationship, but we just learn to internalize our feelings. (Most of us)

What Girls Said 0