Is dating a guy younger than me weird?

So I'm 17 years old and a senior and the guy I like is 16 and a junior in high school. I'm 9 months older than him.

I've always had the impression that it's weird for a girl to be dating a younger guy and should be the other way around. My friends told me that also.

When I met him for the first time, I thought he was my age or maybe older because he was so tall and he looks older, but apparently I was wrong... and I still like him. Anyway, what do you think? I feel like I'm going to get a lot of judgement and critism from people if I do date him and people would think that I'm desperate or something because "I can't get a guy my age" and etc...

Most Helpful Guy

• www.blogcdn.com/.../facepalm.jpg

No it isn't weird to date a guy who is younger. Your friends are giving their personal opinions and they are wrong. You like him so go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's 9 months...

• I'm in highschool and one year can be a big deal to a lot of people.

• Oh. Well I don't think that's weird.
      Why does it matter?

What Guys Said 7

• one year really is nothing but if you are even 25 and the guy is 21 it won't really matter, the older you get the less the age gap matters. I've dated someone +12 =p

• You cougar! Seriously the age difference of 9 months is nothing.

• No, i don't see it being a problem if he likes it and you like it than don't worry about it

• You're not even a full year older than him. 9 months is a small age gap.

• No, why? The age difference is very small, there's nothing wrong with it.

No one thinks a girl is desperate so quickly.

• It's alright.

• nah its fine dont worry about it

What Girls Said 3

• Age doesn't matter plus it's no biggy, 9months is nothing. And to be honest, who cares what they think? You like him & he likes you that's all that matters & at the end of the day, it's not what everyone else thinks but you. It's you two, not you two and everyone else in this relationship.
    He's a nice and a good guy and all that? That's what matters and how he treats & makes you feel not age. And hopefully your friends see that too. ♡

• Less than a year means shit...
    You like him? He likes you?
    GO FOR IT

• Ok now you're making me feel bad... Im on the same boat. I had a crush on a guy who was a year younger than me but it was funny because he thought I was the same age but Yeah don't let it bug. u