How do you feel about paying for dates?

My boyfriend NEVER lets me pay for ANYTHING. He said that his dad still pays for all of the dates he takes his mom out to and they've been together for 30 years. As a very independent girl, it kinda bothers me, but is totally sweet and romantic. This was the norm 50 years ago, but now adays, not every guy is willing to do so. Like a friend of mine complained all the time about paying for every date. How do you feel about it? What do you do? When is it apropriate to ask the girl to pay? Girls, would you get mad if a guy asked you to pay?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like sometimes a mix is good. Like one date pay for it, the other go dutch

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• If it's 50/50 .
    It's not a date. It's a hangout.
    If it's a date. It's 100/0.
    Well... I accept backrubs as payment as well or maybe food , FEED MEH

• Men should pay * LET THE DOWN VOTES BEGIN *

• I prefer two separate bills or spilt it in half. Most of may dates go that way. I always bring enough money to pay from both of us just in case. I few times the lady covered the bill. The 21st century rocks.

• If women want equal pay in the workforce then they should pay for their equal part on dates. Yet most don't which is why they don't deserve equal pay, ever.

• I've never been on a date but I would just want to split it every time.

• I believe in equality. I let women pay for the dates

What Girls Said 5

• i wouldn't be used to it. every guy i've dated except for one has always insisted on paying for everything. even when i offer to pay, they won't accept it.

• I think they should treat u but cook them dinner and u can treat them sometimes

• I do! If he comes over I cook or provide food and stuff.. and I'll buy him like a shirt or something every now and then.. I don't wanna feel like a mucher..

• First date, the guy should pay. After that, it should take turns. When my husband and I go on dates, we always take turns. He usually pays the more expensive dinner, and I pay for the movies or visa versa. He has the upper hand financially but i always also try to spoil and treat him as well

• I'd rather just half it.

• I think that's very chivalrous and a great character trait in a guy. I would accept that and his way of showing respect but do/buy things for him to "make up" for him always spending money on me.

• I feel guilty.. but he tells me to not feel guilty. He says he's the man taking his woman out.. haha It'll take some time I'm sure.