Corrected a girl's grammar?

So I messaged a girl saying that she used the wrong 'your' in a previous message. She messaged me back saying "Thanks for the spell check dad."
I'm thinking it wasn't taken well what should I say back? lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeaaaaaah don't do that esp when you're texting or IMing.

All I can think is to find a self depreciating grammar nazi post and change the topic.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, THANK YOU!

Second, her father probably does the same and she was teasing you, hence calling you "dad". By all means, if you feel you should apologize if you came off as smug or condescending, then do so.

Or like someone else said, see if you can make a joke to lighten the mood some. Or both.

What Girls Said 2

• Why do people on GaG overthink things so much? Keep calm guy. When she said "Thanks for the spell check dad" it was clearly a joke. It was a humorous response to make you feel silly for correcting her. It's no big deal. IT'S JUST A JOKE.

• Well she basically told me to f*** off so...

• Did she actually say fuck off?

• Yup. She got offended.

What Guys Said 7

• Sounds like she was offended. To be honest I find it kind of rude when people do this. I recommend not correcting someone. If it is so bad you don't know what they are saying just ask them nicely what they were meaning by the last message. I know you probably were trying to help her but the problem is it can be offensive.

• That was pretty dad-like. Where the "dad" is kind of off-putting and pedantic. What response were you thinking you would get?

I'd respond with something like, "No prob, I'm available for proofreading (hourly rates)."

If you wanted to be naughty and this is a funny girl you could add something about other services for which you charge hourly rates.

• I'd keep it light and run with it. That response can easily be taken as sarcastic humor.

• Its kinda rude and a mockery to correct ppls grammar cuz they could be doing dat on purpose. Juz go with da flow bruh

• Whahaha lolz. That turned out better than expected huh?

• Make a dad joke!

• say I love you too