Once you go black, you don't go back?

What have you witnessed / experienced in relation to this phrase?

Most Helpful Guy

• I know it to be false.

There are two interpretations of the phrase, positive and negative. The positive is that black people are such great romantic partners that you'll be spoiled. The negative interpretation (and meaning), one which is slowly dying out, is that having an interracial relationship is so taboo and socially unacceptable that, after entering into one, a person of the more socially advantaged race would not be readmitted into the previous social network.

The latter is a sad comment on (American/Western) society, but fortunately it's fading away now, especially among younger people.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• My ex went black, then she went yellow. She felt tight to me.

• I lost my virginity to a black chick.

I went through a phase where I was only into her, then after her, only other black girls.

I guess you could argue it was just some kind of first timer effect.

But I usually tell people it was jungle fever.

Technically doesn't count, since I did go back eventually. But I felt it was worth sharing

• The phrase isn't just about interracial dating. Its just another phrase for walking or taking the dark path in life.

• (Reads... chuckles and proceeds to skip question knowing it'll probably cause World War 3 if I answer lol)

• I dated a couple black girls they're the same as any girls😊

• when I go shopping for berries I always think of the saying" the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice" :)

• I always drink black coffee... Much better for one than white

• I did, but I can't remember when

• I've been attracted to black, white, and Latina girls at the same time

• don't go back where? Where am I coming from and where am I not going back too

• Yeah, I love black coffee, short blacks, etc... I can't drink white coffee anymore

• well i must say black coffee is really good.

• The first two girls I had sex with were black. It really doesn't matter to me. I like all races.

What Girls Said 6

• i've alternated between black and white. and one mexican. so im not sure thats true for all people. but the last one is black, so maybe it is. hehe

• What does it mean..

• Well yes because I was born black

• I went black, it wasn't that good. I am most likely doing it again, because you know what? I don't judge a whole race based on one guy.

• i like black guys but they dont like me so i wouldn't know

even though i have a booty :(

• Yes I always take my coffee black.