Kissed me, made plans for second date, and ghosted? If you ghosted why did you?

Annoyed at this point and don't think I want to date someone for a while after this. I met this guy on Twitter. Super nice. He messaged me, and was so helpful. I just recently broke up with my ex (he treated me like crap) and the new guy helped me keep my head up. We opened up to each other really quickly. Long story short he said I was perfect and couldn't wait to meet me. We spoke for two weeks about before our first date. We were both busy with work and stuff. We have our date and as soon as I walk out of my car he tells me how beautiful I am. Blah blah blah. We were sitting down and he was already talking about a second date. He told me he didn't like the fact that he had to wait 2 weeks to see me and I told him it wouldn't be like that now I was just busy at work. We got to know each other even more. Date ends and we kissed. He told me to text him so I did. We spoke for a bit, but I felt like he was pulling a slow fade and eventually he saw my text and ignored it. It's been 2/3 days. Just want to know why someone would act super interested even kiss me to not pursue anything with me? And no, I don't post outdated photos of myself. No crazy angles. I'm ME in my pictures. No false advertisements. Share some of your stories as well

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been ghosted and it blows but i've also done the same to someone and when she sent the 2nd text i sent the "hey, i think we're better off as friends but if you don't want to continue a friendship then i understand."
    - When we went out we made out, had a good time but in the end i felt she really liked me and the feeling just wasn't mutual. So rather than keeping things going.. i decided to ghost her even though on the date everything seemed fine.

"Annoyed at this point and don't think I want to date someone for a while after this."
    - I know, it sucks.. but take a couple of weeks.. do some positive happy things and when you're ready again.. something will come along again and we get to go through the whole process again!

yay dating.

• Did you guys hang out before or after you sent the friend text

• We went on two dates, but i started to phase out and she sent a text. I didn't respond and then after her 2nd text i decided to give her a direct message. Like i said we had a good time but after the dust settled, i reflected about what we said and decided to not keep pursuing.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He changed his mind. There's no reasoning behind it. Just because you like someone doesn't mean they feel the same. It sucks and it hurts but that's just life. This won't be the last time it happens to you , it happens to everyone. Just have to grow a thicker skin and not let it get to you. It's their problem, not yours.

• Ahh hunny! I dont have any great advice but I just wanted to say you're definitely not alone - it happened to me not so long ago. I was silly tho as I slept with him first time we met as he said all the right things. He ignored my messages despite being online. Was back on Tinder and defriended me on Facebook. It's still hurtful but I dont know what I did wrong. I'm trying to work out myself why anyone would do that. Sending lots of Love xxx