My boyfriend looks like Brad Pitt and we're moving to LA soon. Should I prepare for the worst?

My boyfriend and I started dating 9 months ago in NYC. We are moving to LA in September where there are thousands of beautiful, talented, down to earth girls searching for a good man. I know because I lived there for years and had tons of these girls as friends. My boyfriend and I met in winter, which is, in my opinion, the time of year when people are looking to hunker down. They may take whatever is in front of them! The problem with moving to Beautiful Babe Land (California) is that he looks exactly like Brad Pitt, and he's a musician and good boy from the Midwest. Women throw themselves at him and suddenly I feel like I'm better off on my own. I enjoy being single and I'm damn good at it! Because while I do have a Victorias Secret body (which he LOVES) suddenly my horribly crooked teeth, lazy eye, and lack of any musical talent/knowledge won't be enough to keep him. I am not insecure, but he's social, kind, insanely attractive, and motivated. I'm worried that we're going to get to LA and I'll appear less attractive than the other women. I trust him, but I know women... and they'll stop at nothing, playing all the right cards to seduce/land the man they want... even if he's taken. Should I do what my gut tells me and work on my own projects while he heads to Pleasure Island? The stress is killing me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you are perceptive and realistic. The only questions are: how valuable are you to him in other ways besides your looks/body? And how moral and loyal is he?

You're right that LA is full of hot women, and a lot of them quickly learn to use their sexuality to get what they want (often successfully, at least to a certain extent). No doubt hot women will come on to him - even throw themselves at him.

But if you are making him happy, not just sexually but emotionally and spiritually, then if he has decent morals, he isn't going to stray. If you DON'T make him feel that you are supportive, or are overly needy/clingy, etc., or if he doesn't have high moral character, then you're in trouble.

A woman doesn't have to be "perfect", especially not physically, in order for a man to be attracted to her and love her. If you're an 8.5, then a 9 or 9.5 isn't going to sway him if your personality and attitude are also great.

But we don't know him, or you, so you'll have to be as objective as you can and do your own evaluation. You may want to, you know, actually TALK about this with him too...

• Thank you for such thoughtful feedback. I guess since "the bad news is, nothing in life is permanent, and, the good news is, nothing in life is permanent" I can just chill out and be my best for him and expect only the same in return.

• I'd say you have exactly the right attitude.

Most Helpful Girl

• Brad isn't even that hot

• Thank you - totally not my type! I'm more of a Clive Owen girl. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Ummm... look... if you are currently living in, say, Kansas, and you're moving to LA, then perhaps you should be worried. But you are currently living in NY - the model capital of the world. If he isn't tempted by someone from NY, you're most probably going to be ok in LA.

• Has he ever flirted with any other women before? If not I think you can trust him, there are plenty of attractive women in NYC and you probably saw even more of them face to face than you will in LA. You are going from the city where everybody takes public transportation and walks everywhere to the city whose public transportation system is a joke and everybody drives.

• Great point, thank you! I am mostly concerned because I don't want to invest my time in something (monogamy) that I don't even believe in. Just trying something new and not sure how to act/think/feel!

• I doubt he looks as great as you say but hey when you date a beautifull person this is always a given

• i'd say yes.

humans there are evil. Just stay out of Compton.

• Why dont u change ur l

• Ur looks? And by that i dont mean that u should start wearing makeup or something...

• you ARE insecure. leave if you think its for the best.

• You cannot say for certain what someone "is" if you don't know them at all. Unless you have a PhD in psychology that I'm unaware of. Thank you for your feedback, but it has been dismissed. Cheers

What Girls Said 6

• I want pics of him or its not true but who cares? if he not a a pig you have no problem and you live in NYC there plenty of cute girls there and not one of them stole your boyfriend you have nothing to worry about.

• The women of NYC where named the 3rd most beautiful in the world. Maybe you are better off in LA.

Plus even if beautiful women are falling at your feet it does not mean he will stray or leave.

• it honestly just sounds like you dont trust your boyfriend. thats the feeling im getting. and if its stressing is just as horrible as you are describing it i would just tell him as it is and break up with him. you will do nothing else then stress and worry about what he is doing then actually enjoying your new move there and just being with eachother. this is probly going to kill your relationship. slowly...

• Yes you are insecure. Either have some faith in him or break up.

• No, that is not accurate. People have doubts, concerns, etc. that do not define them as a whole. Giving advice based on your assumption of me is ineffective. Advice for how to handle the situation is appreciated though, so thank you for that.

• If you were confident in yourself and your ability as a girlfriend you wouldn't worry so much about him cheating.

• This sounds like a movie.

• dont worry about it.