Dating an older guy?

I am 21, and all the guys I have dated were around my age. Recently this guy who is 39 has been hitting on me and I feel bad about rejecting him. He doesn't look 39 and is really a nice guy, and if he were closer to my age I would probably date him. What are your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Compatibility is the key to a good relationship. a). Mental b). Emotional (personality) c) Physical. d) Spiritual. Why is he interested in you and not others around his age? Likely reasons a). you represent youth, b). "innocence". If that is why, what happens when you grow older, say when you're 28? If there is more to that, then you have to figure what that "more" part is, and how important it is in this potential relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• TOO OLD! what about your future. I mean lets say you really like this guy and you want to marry him. You do that by lets say 25. Then you decide to have kids when your thirty. By then hell be 48. I mean I don't see how it will ever work out unless you want your kids calling him granpa.

• My thoughts are always the same: date who you want, see what happens.

His age is either a dealbreaker, or it isn't. Your call.

What Girls Said 1

• I say if he is an nice guy and you're comfortable around him and attracted to him, go for it. Age is just a number, and good things happen when you least expect it. And as a general rule, older guys know how to treat a woman, meaning they put you first, they make you realize how special you are, they tend to be more romantic and they don't care about being the party animal all the time like younger ones. So give it a shot, but make it clear that you have reservations. HONESTY is always the best policy and he needs to know how you really feel. That way if it doesn't work out romantically you can remain friends. Hope this helps :)