Do you think a 17 year old girl dating a 28 year old man gross?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's gross at all. I wouldn't think twice about dating a guy that age if he matches me and he has a nice personality and appearance! People will always judge no matter what, so why care what others think? If he is genuine, if he really cares about you and not just your looks, then he's definitely a keeper😉

What Guys Said 17

• Yes, it's weird no doubt because the girl is not even 18 yet, and so there will be difference in maturity level and thinking as well and it won't be easy for the 28-year-old man to handle that but if he thinks that's not a problem and if he thinks he can handle this difference well, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's not wrong or something, it's weird that's all. If the girl thinks that she is okay with it, then also there is should be no issues as such.

• "Gross" is not the word I would use. I would say "illegal."

• It's fine. People will judge you over all sorts of nonsense these days.

• You're right.

• It's ridiculous really. How presumptuous and quick people are to judge.

The age difference does not immediately mean he's using you for sex. I've heard of 18 year old girls getting married eventually to guys 10 years older and of course that's okay (because 18 is considered this magic number). That's the other thing. I get talked down to by people in their late teens and early twenties even, addressing me as a child in that condescending manner. I am like, "Really? You're 19 and you're telling me... (only two years older)." I have had people in their mid twenties refer to me as the next generation that sucks.

Yep, it's quite irritating. But keep doing what you think is right.

• I see it as normal for the girl to be attracted to the older guy. But, WTF is wrong with the guy that goes for the 17 year old? If you put 10 years on the same situation it's not even an issue. But at 17, it seems like Mr. 28 is taking advantage of the girl.

• He isn't taking advantage of me. He loves me.

• That's wonderful I hope it all works out. But to answer the question you posted I don't think it's "gross" but it is illegal (under 18 unless parents consent)

• It's weird but people do it all the time. I have a co-worker that dated her husband of 15 years when when was 15 and he was 27. It's weird as hell but i guess people do it?

• hmmmmm yeah maybe... I'm almost 21 and didn't want to date this 16 and a half year old girl who was so into me last year because i thought she was too young and innocent. Something holds me back whenever i think of doing something and i end up thinking that it would be weird. She was beautiful though -_-

• its a bit unorthodox in a parental view, for obvious reasons.

• We won't have sex til I turn 18

• naaah go for you grandpa better.

• Must you be so rude?

• You are reported now

• and of course you chose as MHO the opinion of a biracial, twisted mind. Why doesn't this surprise me. Report all you want. The fact that you post anonymous is a prove from itself of how much ashamed you feel.

• That's fucking nasty.

• And why?

• The age difference! Wtf. The girl is about to graduate from HS while this guy has probably had many wives already! Plus, depending what state you live, she's underage and it's illegal.

• she's minor... she can be a little manipulated... but nothing serious

• Confess that ur boyfriend is rich ^^

• It's not about money.

• Giirllll, you said exactly what's on my mind!! You are so right! :P

• Maturity doesn't relate with the age. For example someone 20 years old can be more mature than someone older. It depends on ur character not ur age

• well the only thing weird is you're underage. just wait a few months.

• A whole year, I have to wait a whole year. I can't. What if he falls for someone else in that time?

• I can't. They won't like him. They'll judge.

• well then I don't know. the age difference is ok its just not legal yet.

• Not gross... but certainly is frowned upon in society.

• not gross but be very cautious

• That's disgusting. He would be old enough to be her father.

• 28 isn't that old.

• @chuppachup
      what's wrong it according to you?

• @biracialQT Both people are at two completely different stages of life. That just makes it awkward. Not to mention that is a cause for concern in regards to paedophilia. I know that wouldn't make the guy a paedo according to the definition but it is definitely something to be worried about. Maybe there is a reason he can't/won't date partners his own age. If a teenager/young adult wants to date middle-aged adults then I can't stop them but I'm steering clear of those people for life.

• It illegal if they have sex

• I know that. It's a relationship without sex, for now.

• Go for it

• Nope. If it works and you both have enough in common then go for it

• So if a 16 year old girl has "enough in common" with a 40 year old dude, then it's ok? Think about what you just said.

• plus my mum got married at 17 and still is today. a 17 year old can be mature enough to know love

• Yeah you're right :)

What Girls Said 9

• Not gross... throw up worthy.

But definitely leaves me to question, what would a 28 year old man want with a 17 year old high school girl.

I've had far larger age differences than that.
    But I was at the age where those differences would at least balance at.

You're pretty much still a child.
    He's an adult that should be worried about finding the right woman, settling down, and having children eventually.

• I love him, he loves me.

• *I'm young*

• How am I insulting you by asking a question?
      You seem to have your mind made up.
      Not sure why you want to ask other peoples opinion since you're miss know it all apparently.

• Just don't have sex till you become of age. You won't be able to visit him in jail. Enjoy the relationship though. If he makes you happy that's all that matters

• Even this isn't always true. In my state, the age of consent is 16. In many, it is 16 or 17...

• Oh I am sorry. I confused your post with someone else's I think who said specifically 18...

• @r3d_anonymous you're fine

• Gross is not the word I would use.

What does a 17 year old girl have to offer a 28 year old man besides sex. I would not trust an man who is chasing girls in high school. They usually manipulate young girls as they are more naive due to inexperience and that face the are not emotional and mentality developed.

If you can't tell your parents about him due to his age than you know that the relationship is not appropriate.

Also it is important to mention that you are in completely different stages in life so it is unlikely to last.

• 17 and 28.. not a good idea..

• Yes, I do think that's kind of gross.

• Yeah... *awkward*

• of course it is

• Actually he could end up in jail...

• Only if we have sex, right?
      We won't.

• It's a little strange. But I've done it.