Guys, When dating when do I start paying for things?

8

Most Helpful Guy

• You never pay. The man always pays.

What Guys Said 7

• The rule usually is the guy pays for the first one, then it tends to alternate with subsequent dates. I always ask her if I can pay. We've been on 6 dates, and I've paid for 5 of them, with one of them she paid because she insisted, but the guy should always offer and be ready to flip. A good idea, if you have the means, is to decline his offer to pay every other date or so, or insist on splitting it, take care of the tip, etc.

• Hmmm... no real rule here i think. Common sense i think. If you initiated the date then you should be prepared to pay. Or if it is a special occasion you planned I think you should pay. Many guys will refuse to let you but best to be prepared.

• pay for whatever you lke. i actually never pay the first date. because why would i? i don´t even know if i like her... but it´s probably a cultural thing.

• Always suggest splitting, unless it's his birthday or something.

• I always pay for the 1st and 2nd date. After that we either take turns or each pay for our own meal.

• Pay for half.

• You should pay if you ask him out or suggest the venue. He should pay if he invites. There is no real rule and different guys expect different things.