Men; Is it ok to text him?

I like this guy, I think he likes me too bc he's always around me & texts me all the time & flirts with me & invited me over to teach me guitar (cause I told him I was learning) anyway he keeps referencing this one guy who flirts with me & he kind of bad mouths him to me but also calls him "my boy" I tell him he's not and he just says "yea right I know you like him" I want to show this guy I like him and not the other guy, I know girls aren't usually supposed to text guys first but in this case would me texting him first be enough to show him I like him? Without coming on too strong? Or should I not cause it'll ruin the chase for him?

What Guys Said 2

• Ok I'm going to scream this so girls everywhere can hear.
    TEXT HIM!!! Sending him a 'hey how's it going' DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOOK DESPERATE OR PSYCHO. IT WILL NOT SCARE HIM AWAY OR MAKE HIM LOOSE INTREST.
    Just follow the simple rules of texting:
    Text and wait for a reply. If after several hours no responce, text a simple joke about why he hasn't responded. "Did you fall down a well? Lol I can send diggers" or something simple like that. Then wait and DO NOT TEXT HIM AGAIN UNTIL HE TEXTS YOU BACK. Do not flood his phone. Never send more than two texts without a responce. Do not get mad. Assume he can't get back to you yet, but will when he can. If he dosen't- texting him anything will not get him to, in this case he's a dud, but that rarely happens. Texting should be like tennis. Serve the ball and wait for a return. Do not keep serving the ball if it does not come back. When the ball does return, hit it back and wait again for it to come back. When you text, keep it short and lighthearted. No long winded texts. No emotional crap.
    Stick to these simple rules and you WILL NOT APPEAR DESPERATE OR PUSHY OR THAT YOU ARE OBSESSING OVER HIM. Just looks like you would like to talk. He will like that.

• Text him to sjow that you're interested!

What Girls Said 0