If you learned that the person you were dating was seeing a therapist for depression, would you stop seeing them?

Let's say its already been a few dates in and your date reveals they are seeing a therapist for depression.

Think this would make you not want to see them anymore?

• Yes, i would stop seeing this person. thats a dealbreaker for me
  • I wouldn't stop seeing them but it is definitely negative points on their end for me
  • It would not stop me from seeing this person whatsoever

Most Helpful Girl

• It wouldn't influence my decision to date him or not. We all have issues that we are dealing with, some people have been strong on their own for far too long , so they may need additional help and support.

It shows they recognise they need help , and that they have motivated themselves to seek help. I'd admire them for it , so i would never judge them in a negative way. I'd also appreciate that he was starting to trust me enough to confide in me about it.

• Thanks a lot for the MHO! 💐

Most Helpful Guy

• That would not affect my perception of the person one bit. In fact, I'd try to be supportive and help her deal with her issues.

What Girls Said 6

• Depression isn't that uncommon, plenty of people suffer from it myself included. If they weren't doing anything about it, that would be a red flag for sure. But this person seems to be taking steps in the right direction, which is a good thing!

If anything, the people I've known who suffer from it love harder since they know what it feels like to feel unloved. Sure they have problems, but don't we all? You should get to know them, and as long as you're still compatible, go for it & support them :)

• It would not stop me from seeing this person. Depression is an illness like other illnesses.
    I would try to help if I could.

• Of course not. I would be proud of them for getting help when they felt they needed it.

• No. At the very least, they are doing something about it.

• I think it would make me wanna see them more. Lots of people struggle with depression and getting help can be a big step.

• Chances are if i have been on more than 3 dates with a guy, i really like him. If i am not 100% interested in a guy on the 1st-2nd date then i would already stopped seeing him. And the type of guy i would like to spend my time with would #1-NEED to be able to make me laugh/have a fun time, and #2-be at least a little more outgoing/extroverted/dominant than me because i am very shy and submissive and would like guidence/confidence. So as long as i like a guy and he fits my two needs, than of course something like that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I think that might be because i have psychological problems as well and i am a very understanding person. Plus so many people misjudge depression. Having depression doesn't mean one is incapable of smiling or having a good day. It is just another problem in somebodies life, and every single person on the face of this earth has struggles. If we kept on dating and we weren't close enough to really discuss our deep feelings together and hus depression just held him back of doing things in life, and i didn't feel close enough to him to hold him up, i might need to stop seeing him romantically for then until he got better but generally i think it is a really shitty tbing to do to just judge somebody by one thing like that. Sorry that was so long i hope you don't mind.

What Guys Said 2

• No, I wouldn't.

• No way, why would i stop?
    Its such a stupid question.

• Some people just can't handle being with someone with depression. or others may view someone seeing a therapist as 'crazy' or someone they should stay away from.

I'm not one of those by the way