My boyfriend doesn't try?

My boyfriend is hands down the worst gift giver. For our 2 year anniversary I made him a photo album and got him his favorite snacks to eat along with a watch he's been wanting. He got me a squishy ball in the shape of a light bulb because he thought it looked cool. On his birthday I planned a surprise party for him and got him a new laptop for school. He got me a lamp. He asks for ideas and I give them to him. I even told him I would love something as simple as flowers!! It's not about the money it's about the thought! He says that he sucks at gift giving and that I'm going to have to deal with that because it's the way he is. I'm frustrated is all. Please don't judge and say "well don't be a bitch he got you a lightbulb ball." This is serious to me because I put a lot of effort into his gifts and would like to feel as if he's doing the same. Guys, what do you get your girlfriends?

Most Helpful Guy

• The five love languages are spending quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service, physical touch, and gift giving. In a relationship, everyone has higher priories of which ones they put more steak in, while others seems to fall by the wayside. More importantly, this is usually done on a subconscious level. So if he is bad at getting you gifts, think about all the other things he does for you. All the embarrassing hand holding in front of his friends, or him telling you he loves you at the restaurant, or him dropping everything to help you move furniture. (Just examples) But he most likely does other things for you that you don't put as much value in that he puts a lot of value in. He loves you and is trying in his own way. Gift giving is really important to some people, but not to others. So try to level with him that he is trying. One of my friends never bought his girlfriend gifts, not for anniversaries, birthdays, or even Christmas. She didn't care and neither did he. They didn't put a lot of stock in that. It is important to meet the needs of each other, so if it is bothering you communicate that with them, but remember they might not understand the way you do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe tell him or hint at what you want

What Guys Said 1

• This guy needs to stat putting some effort in. It's not hard to pay attention and then get someone something they will appreciate. Sounds like he doesn't appreciate you enough to pay that kind of attention to you. If he's the type that throws his hands up and says deal cause I ain't changing then show him the door.

What Girls Said 0