Is it wrong to date my sister in law?

I was at my older brothers wedding and I met a brides maid. She was the Brides younger sister.
We really hit it off and I asked her out but before I knew who she was.
And we've been dating in secret.

If I date her is that wrong? Am I betraying my brother?

Most Helpful Girl

• Surely not lol. How would you be betraying him? He's not with her.

• But am I allowed to date my brothers wife's sister? Is it acceptable in Society?

• Yeah I think so lol

Most Helpful Guy

• It might come off as a little strange to him and the rest of the family, but honestly they have no right to be angry since it's completely legal. More to the point, think of how many times twin guys marry the same twin girls and everyone is so excited over the news. If you love someone and they aren't blood related to you, then I say go for it. There is no shame in loving someone, you aren't dating yours or her family, you're dating her. The real question is how you're going to address it to your families gently.

What Girls Said 6

• No it's perfectly okay to be honest I've seen brothers who marry sisters (no incest) if u know what I mean

• no i dont think it is wrong..

• No, I think that's fine

• Nope I don't see anything wrong with that. It's not like your related or anything.

• Yes, it is, she's like your sister. noooooo

• There's nothing wrong with it. But, you have to think about the fact that if it ends badly how's that going to be for family things in the future. If you like her start off slowly as friends. Then see if there's something there. Just remember as long as ur bro is married to her sis a bad break up would b awkward.

What Guys Said 3

• I see no problem with it. Two brothers marry two sisters more often than you think.

• Do whatever the hell you want

• Nope, I'd say you're in the green.