I lied to my girlfriend and she caught me. Will an apology be enough? Is it also a big deal?

So me and my girlfriend hungout for the past 4 days. i kinda wanted a break so when she said to hang out today i told her i have to help someone with something. But in reality i went to go hangout with my friends at the mall. Well as luck would have it she was at the mall and came to our table and was like "wow you lied to me?" "your an ass". I mean did she really have to say those things? i don't find it as a bug deal, i wans't cheating on her i was with my friends eating in the mall and just catching up.

What is your opinion on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think u should have just told her that u wanted a day to b with friends.

She is most likely feeling like u find her a not very understanding person.

And like u dont trust her.

Thats what id feel

Has she ever shown like she can't b understanding bfore?

• She came back from vacation and didn't see me for 2 months. I won't lie about it again but i though she might have been like "spend more time with me!" I legit spent 5 hours the past 4 days everyday with here.

Yeah one time she was like that, (not being understanding). BUT i will admit it was my fault. I told her to go out for dinner, then i canceled on her 4 hours before and she got mad. So it was my fault

• Welcome. Happy to help.

Yes. Sometimes we dk what the other person is feeling or thinking. Thats why it is best to be straightforward about stuff.

Hope u two have a lovely dinner!

• thanks :)

What Girls Said 4

• It's not a big lie but it's still a lie. I'm sure she would have been fine with you spending the day with the guys. I would have been fine with that. It's a bug deal that you weren't honest about something like that, and that's what she'sad about.

Apologize to her verbally, but also be ready to show her that you mean it by not telling lies or owning up to them face to face when you do. Actions speak louder than words here.

I will apologize to her tomorrow

• That was a shitty thing to do. You could have been honest with her and said "my friends want to hang out today and I want to see them" and she wouldn't have been mad. Because you lied, she's angry.

• She came back from vacation and didn't see me for 2 months. I won't lie about it again but i though she might have been like "spend more time with me!" I legit spent 5 hours the past 4 days everyday with here. i'll say sorry tomorrow

• A LIE IS A LIE!!! you should have tell her the truth

• i know i know. I'am the one to blame. I will bring her out to dinner tonight and won't do it again

• hmmmm good luck to gain her trust again

• i know i messed up :( thanks. i won't lie again

• You should not have lied.

I would be upset too. It would make me feel as though you are losing interest.. or something close to that.

Just a verbal apology will not be enough.

i'll say sorry tomorrow.

What Guys Said 3

• Believe me, if you care about this girl in a long term capacity, you need to start telling her the truth more. If you have a girl who flips out every time you want to hang out with you're friends then you need to either help her with that or let her grow up on her own.

She is probably scared of the relationship falling apart. Do something special with her. Try to think of something she has probably wanted to do with you for a while but for whatever reason, it wasn't happening. Show that you're willing to go out of your way for her happiness and she just might fall in love with you all over again.

Although to be honest, it sounds like neither of you are ready for a serious relationship.

• A lie is a lie no matter the circumstances or how small they are

• Dude don't just lie to a girl, that's harsh, u know bro girls are sensitive sometimes. Try chocolate and flowers they always work!