How does one get the attention of a shy girl?

Homecoming is right around the corner, and I recently noticed this really cute, smart and nice girl in my grade. The only problem is that I've never really talked to her. I'd really like to get to know her better and maybe ask her out at some point.

On top of that, she seems to be the reserved, shy type. Since I don't think I'm on her radar quite yet, I was wondering how I could approach her without looking like a creep or making a fool out of myself.

I have three classes with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• You just have to keep talking, getting to know her, say hello when you see her. She'll get warmer to you over time.

Just say hello one day and keep saying hey. Ask her question about the class. Ask her how she is, make a joke, be friendly. Ask her about something she has. Take it one day at a time. Be gradual.

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep it simple at first, and build a little more later. IE approach her with a simple 'hello' one day, then maybe the next, approach her and ask her how her day is going, and again the third day, with maybe a little more.

What Girls Said 2

• well that happened to me when I was in seventh grade I was waiting to be dismissed to go and get to my bus, and this guy who i hardly even knew but he was popular saw me sitting at a table and drawing a lamp so he came over to me and was like "Hey, What ya doing" basically my point is just talk to her and tell her its okay to be looking down when you are talking to her because then it takes some of the pressure away

• You can't hide from her. Just approach her very nicely and sweetly. And give her a compliment. Say "Hi weve never really meet but im ____ and I would like to get to know you better. And by the way you have very pretty eyes."

What Guys Said 1

• Approach her, talk to her for a while, ask her on a date maybe? Don't be afraid man just remember in 20 years you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the things that you did do.