Do you prefer to date people older or younger than you and why?

I always go older but only 6 years at the most. (I'm really 18)

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally I date younger but had dated older a few times.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not gonna date someone younger at this point in my life. That would be weird.

• My 18 year old friend dated a just turned 16 year old boy. 😬

• Oh my... 😁 I couldn't lol

• Lol ikr! It was definitely weird, and he ended up playing her.

What Guys Said 16

• Hmmmmm someone with a bit of ENEERRRGGYYYYYYYYYY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yavx9yxTrsw

Boxxy - worth doing cocaine for.

• Older, less bullshit that way.

Younger girls, at least in my experience, tend to be immature. They rarely know what they want (in both relationships and life in general), they play games, and they usually don't have their shit together. Older women are the opposite. They usually DO know what they want, they DON'T play games, and they DO have their shit together.

Yes, I know there are older women who act like the younger girls I described. And I know there are younger girls who are more mature than the rest. But a few exceptions to the rule do not make the rule as a whole invalid.

I'm willing to be with a younger girl, but I will have higher expectations of her.

• For me, my age gap dating range is from 2 years younger to 5 years older.

• I always dated someone younger than myself

• It can go either way for me. 2 years younger is my limit and I'm not sure bout the older part. Haven't really gave it thought. Usually I go after girls around my age so I don't think about it much.

• Damn, I'm almost out of range. I like younger and older alike.

• I try to date older. I was a grade ahead through education, so I was dating older from the outset. At this age, I love dating women in their late twenties and in their thirties; young girls rely are their looks a little too much sometimes.

• I would date someone older than me by 5 years old and younger than me by 5 years old as well. That's the range I am willing to date

• As long as it's legal

• Don't care about age difference if it wasn't much

• I don't really care if they're older or younger.

• older. I have a rule of thumb no more than six years over or under

• -8 to +9 is my limit with respect to my age... :D

• when you hit 30 then you will ask yourself why older men want younger women

• What do you mean

• As women get older they their beauty tends to fade. As a result men prefer younger women. They tend to see older women as unattractive. This is because young women prefer older men which activates sociological conflict theory and promotes men darting younger women

• Younger. Especially now that I'm approaching 30.

• I prefer same age. at least while you're still in school cause then you won't have to be separated from each other if 1 or both of you plan on leaving for school but if that's not a problem then older more experience which is always good

• Yeah, older too. I find younger girls too immature.

What Girls Said 12

• It isn't mandatory for me, but it almost always turns out that way for me. I would say my theory as to why is that those types of men just tend to have a better head on their shoulders (in my experience) so I am more attracted to them. I have a similar range to you: 1 - 6 years.

• I tend to get along better with guys that are younger than me in a relationship. The dude i'm with now is 2 years younger. Though majority of the time I forget that he's younger. Most of the time I keep thinking he's older than me because of how he is. lol

• If you're "really 18" you can message the admins at http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact and ask them to change your age.

• Older
    Less likely to be fuck boys

• a person's maturity level isn't necessarily defined by their age but if i'm going to generalize i would say i would either go for a guy who is around the same age as me just because we might have more things in common

• i went on a date with a man 2 years younger than me before
    but my long term relationships have been with men older than me

• Older, I can't deal with younger guys.

• I would say older, because I'm turning 18 in two days and I can't go for anyone much younger without getting called a pedophile. Plus I guess I've always liked older people, they're much more mature. There's a big stigma about age differences to begin with (older being a pedophile, manipulating their younger partner, trying to take away their childhood, etc.). So I guess you're either a predator or a victim unless you date someone the exact same age as you :/

• I prefer to date guys my age but if I do date an older guy he can't be no older than 18.

• older, im really tired of immature guys.

• Older. They more mature and understand me better.

• I like dating guys that are older than me, they tend to be mature and that's something I gravitate towards.