Should I just keep talking to her?

I just started talking to this girl a few days ago, and she's really cool. We have a LOT of common interests, especially music, since we're both musicians. She's new in town, and I jokingly told her to watch out for man whores, and she told me today that she isn't interested in anyone who feels mutual to her and she just wants to chill for a while. I have no idea what that means. Afterwards, I told her I was a really opportunistic person, and I wouldn't be interested in someone before I knew them well. She said "Sometimes you just hit it off. It's like, Hey! This doesn't actually happen and hey I was right". I have no idea what this means either. I got a few opinions from some friends, who said "Maybe it means she doesn't want random people to walk up and talk to her." and also "Maybe she only wants to be friends for a little while". She also said "It's unfortunate, but it is what it is." and I asked her who it was unfortunate for, and she said she didn't know. We spoke about the topic of dating, and I told her how I think that everything takes time and shouldn't be rushed, and she agreed with me, but the fact that she said that isn't really the best courage booster. I have only known her for a few days, and she's gotten increasingly friendly with me, especially today after I told her I thought we would get along well, and she's also been saying "Awww" to a lot of the stuff I say, but would this potentially be a waste of time? I didn't plan on asking her out immediately or anything, I'd like to be good friends with her before anything would happen, but I don't want it to stay like that. All of my buddies are telling me that it'll be fine, and I just need to keep talking with her, but I overthink quite a bit. What should I do here?

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep talking to her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suppose she finds you a fun person to be with you, but is not really inclined to date you right now. I suppose it could change, but from what you describe, the chances are slim. You're better off keeping your options open here.

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like she's nursing wounds from a recent breakup. She won't get close to anybody right now because she knows she's not ready. Keep talking to her but don't push. Just see what happens.

• Build your friendship with her. Get to know her inside out, that way when you guys do try to start a relationship, you'll have a better foundation and a higher chance of staying together in the long-run.

What Guys Said 2

• Dont hesitate anything, just go with what ever you feel. Dont stress so much about girls, remember to enjoy the time, and having fun while pursuing ladies. Peace

• Just pull the triger