Is what I did rude at all?

My boyfriend messaged me the other day asking how I was and I told him how I was but didn't ask him how he was. He then messaged me saying he was leaving to go away and I said that it was good to hear.

I saw him the other day and he said what I did was rude and that it seemed like I didn't want to talk.

Most Helpful Guy

• The problem with texting sometimes is it leads to misunderstandings. What you wrote here might have been interpreted to say that 'it was good to hear that he was leaving to go away. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way. Also, it's always a good idea to reciprocate. If he asks you how you're doing, ask him in return. He cares about you, so he's asking.

Sounds like just a misunderstanding. Sit him down for a chat and clear things up. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• it's not rude but it's just a natural thing like i also get mad when i ask someone how has he/she been but that other person doesn't asks me then either i would ignore them or i would get mad a little and say it directly to/herhim in a serious but a nice way that you were supposed to ask me too.
    just say sorry to him and next time make sure you also care to ask him too that how he has been

What Guys Said 3

• Well, he might have thought of it as if you were inconsiderate, rude yes it's possible. I am sure you didn't mean it.

• ''he was leaving to go away and I said that it was good to hear. ''
    Yeah, pretty rude.

• yeah that was pretty rude indeed..

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's really rude.. I mean he asked you his you were and you answered. Ya maybe you should've asked his he was but I believe he overreacted just a little bit