Is using tinder alittle sad and desperate?

Any dating site for that matter. i mean I understand if ur daily routine is hard for u to search for a love life and these things are convenient. Also dating sites are rising in popularity with the youth. But I just find it sketchy, dull, and desperate. i r would rather have a more legit interaction in person. what are your thoughts

• yes it is alittle weird to use those apps/sites
  • no it's understandable in this day and age

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my boyfriend online dating and I'm very happy. Don't use apps like badoo and tinder. Ones like eharmony people are less "sketchy".

Also 1/3 of marriages are from couples who met online.

When researchers looked at how many couples had divorced by the end of the survey period, they found that 5.96 percent of online married couples had broken up, compared to 7.67 percent of offline married couples.

Among couples who were still married during the survey, those who met online reported higher marital satisfaction -- an average score of 5.64 on a satisfaction survey -- than those who met offline and averaged 5.48.

The lowest satisfaction rates were reported by people who met through family, work, bars/clubs or blind dates.

The research is based on a nationally representative survey (USA) of 19,131 people who married between 2005 and 2012.

Online dating is not all bad guys.

Of course it is nicer meet in person but people who lead busy lives it is a good option. Plus there is nothing wrong with broaden your options.

Most Helpful Guy

• A little perspective:

In the summer of 2004, at the age of 37, I found myself divorced, working full time (evenings & weekends included) attending college and moved back in with my parents. That last bit was necessary because I had custody of my 4 year old son.

So, let's look at this from a dating perspective:
    - my coworkers -- all male
    - can't go out because I work evenings and weekends
    - average age of college coed was 20 -- I was old enough to be their father
    - college women my age -- all married
    - I live with my mom and dad, and my 4 year old son

Awesome wealth of opportunity for dating and relationships -- NOT!

The week my divorce became final, I purchased a 1 year membership with eHarmony. I communicated with my matches every day. I was disciplined about it -- treating it like a second job. Seven months into that membership, I met a very special woman. Everything clicked. After about 4 months together as a couple we knew we would one day marry. Seventeen months after we first met we were married. That was 9 years ago this June.

Here's the thing about online dating (especially through eHarmony - my only experience). When you join and develop your profile, they only match you with people you would be compatible with.
    My matches all:
    - were willing to accept my son as their own child
    - had similar religious beliefs
    - had similiar political beliefs
    - had the same outlook on sex
    - had the same views on raising children
    - had similiar interests
    - had similiar views on homelife and work life balance.

ALL this was established before going on a first date. Yes, there were first dates too, plenty of them. You see, online dating is a misnomer. These are really online matching and introduction services. After the service makes the introduction, the rest is up to you, just like in the real world, because it is in the real world.

If it happens that you are surrounded by eligible single women in your life, well, God bless. If you are like me, then work is a sausage fest and going to college is like walking into a middle school. If you want a date with a woman in the real world, you have to go where they are -- online.

What Girls Said 5

• People date more online nowadays so it's becoming the popular way. I'm not sad or desperate, I get more men after me on my Facebook than on Tinder. Tinder is just a bit of fun really. I don't know why people take it seriously or care about it so much.

• From what I know, Tinder is not really about love, it's about fucking.

• a bit weird.. but i do understand because people are so busy with work. and all that stuff

• That's the way it's always been. U just have to make time for urself in your life

• Well it does work for some.. but mostly people are just there for sex..

• the thing about such apps is , it's ok to use them but dont say that you do!
    or say you use them just for fun

• My job was from home so I didn't really get to meet people other than bars and stuff and so I tried tinder met my boyfriend and the rest is history. Depends on the people not the site. Was it a fairytale not exactly but it's the same means to an end (:

What Guys Said 4

• I don't know if it's because of my location–I live in a small town in the South–but I signed up for dating websites thinking it was perfectly fine to go this route. However, based on my experiences with them since then, I'm now left thinking they are sad and desperate. All I ever see on there are fat chicks, weirdos, single mothers with several kids, multiple divorcés, and ugly women. I have not gotten many satisfactory matches based on the women in my location/area search specifications. All the sexy, fun, young women I want to be with are nowhere to be found on these online dating services.

• Iv'e used them because i don't have the time to play the games people do at my age. I work full time, go to school and care for my son a few times a week. For a person like me they are great and work quite well. I don't think it is desperate its just another way of meeting new people other than a bar, concert or other social events.

• No, there's nothing wrong with it at all. It's more convenient, puts you in touch with people you might not otherwise meet, and puts you in touch with people you know are actually interested in dating.

• There's nothing "weird" about being shy or having a hard time dating face-to-face. Introverts make up a decent amount of the population so it's not weird or sad or desperate.

• They need to work on their social skills. face to face communication is very important. I know because I'm alittle introvert.

• No they don't have to if they don't want to. Many people have been successful without learning people skills or social skills. Ernest Hemingway and Thomas Edison were both introverted and never got out much.