How do I overcome the fear of dating outside my race?

I'm black (obviously) and recently my neighbor (who's Caucasian) has been wanting to date me since last year. The only thing is I've friendzoned him multiple times due to my fear or being rejected.

So often I see and hear from both the media and guys of other races about how ugly and undesirable black girls are (unless they look like Rihanna or Beyonce). So I'm scared of dating outside of my race. I don't want to be told that I'm ugly for my skin when I already know and have heard it. How do I overcome this?

Honest answers please.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated a black girl. She was one of the few that I truly had a deep connection with. She moved away some time ago to stay with her family. Loving starts with loving yourself. The world will do everything to make you feel inferior, don't let them win by giving in.

What Guys Said 7

• The only thing u can do is to take the plunge. You're overthinking this race thing. Remember that not everybody is going to like you, if you are your true authentic self!

• Black girls aren't ugly. Let me just start there, there's tons of hot black women.

I think it's obvious you shouldn't worry, since you know a white guy who wants to date you. :)

• Who exactly is saying these things? It sounds like this guy is clearly interested; the only way these things in the media you're so worried about will get in the way is if you LET them beat you down.

• One have to take a risk to discover new things

No risk = No new things
    Risk = Discover...

by the way you are not first one who done this and you will not be the last just be confident.

• Just date. Yes, it's that simple. Just don't care about what people will think and enjoy your dates. We're all humans, races just make us different in looks.

• Life isabout taking risks. No one has ever succeeded by sitting back and playing it safe. Give him a chance, i bet you will be surpirsed at how not racist a lot of white guys are.

• You're right and I wasn't trying to sound ignorant. I know most white people aren't racist, it was more of a fear I had when it came to dating.

• Just spend some time with him and slowly start the dating process.

What Girls Said 1

• you don't have to date white guys if you don't want to! But if you are interested in someone then i think you should do your best to put your fear aside because if you don't try you'll never know and you may not find who you are meant to be with if you don't step outside of your comfort zone.