Girlfriend didn't visit me while I was injured?

Last Week I was in a car accident, and suffered two fractured in my back. My girlfriend picked me up from the hospital and took me home. She didn't come and visit me not 1 time until today. She came with 2 huge teddy bears and told me that she didn't come and see me because she hates to see me in pain. But i feel like she's lying and just didn't want to make the effort to see me.. Am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, to be honest, hospitals do suck for both patients and visitors. Some people are very scared to go to hospitals because of all the sick people there, can be a phobia for some, so I can understand that as a reason. Also, I can also understand how about she didn't want to see you all laid up in bed. That can be very traumatic to see for a loved one and not everyone wants those images burnt into their brains. She may be having a trouble dealing with the feelings that she could have lost you and it may be hard for her to face those feelings. Seeing you at the hospital may be just too much for her to take. Personally, I don't want people seeing me all smashed up and laid up in a hospital, but still, I would like and need my SO to see me. I would let this go for now, but keep an eye out and watch her behaviour.

What Girls Said 4

• You aren't overreacting. She should've came to see you even if she didn't wanna see you in pain honestly that's so fuxked up that she waited that long to come see you:/ I'd end it like that's pathetic

• That's some BS. No matter what, she should've been there right by your side. From they day you were first in the hospital til now.

• I think it's understandable why you would be upset!! Definitely ask her if there is another reason why she didn't come to visit and really ask for honesty. She may have been telling the truth but there's a chance it was to cover up a reason.

• Sorry but she sounds like a bitch to me, how could you not be there for someone you love when they are in pain?

What Guys Said 7

• Listen to your instincts. You're not overreacting. If she was the one in the accident and injured, would you consider not visiting? Whatever her reason for not visiting, it didn't show much support on her part.

• I would believe her, bro. It sounds like u have a high-emotion woman, and her seeing you in pain would probably make her cry, knowing she couldn't help you.\

But I understand how you can feel upset! She did make a mistake not seeing you. Make sure to voice your feelings in a non-accusatory way!

• I really don't know to be honest and nobody here does, after all you are the person who knows how she behaves, but i can tell you there is some people we call ACTORS they act and behave like they care or love but reality is they are absolutely the opposite.

• Go with your gut

• As someone below infers, you know the situation better than we do, but I don't think you are over reacting; unless she was in Antarctica at the time of the accident.

• She should be there for you especially in that situation

• Tell her it pained you more that she wasn't there for you in the hospital.