Should I even get emotionally envolved?

I started liking a guy but my feelings freaked me out. I became crazy like waiting by my phone till I desided enough was enough. I text him saying I just want to be friends. He responded sounding confused about why I made this change. I didn't really go into details. He said he respects what I want but the truth is i dont know what I want. I text him today saying how I truly felt. That I like him and it scares the shit out of me. I'm not quite happy about the text message. I sort of sound like a psychopath. Truth is I feel like I might have pushed him further away than he already was and I'm tempted to just block him out of shame. I don't blame him for never wanting to date me again.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, girl, breathe. I know how scary and nerve-wracking it is to share your feelings. It leaves you completely vulnerable, and I absolutely hate that feeling too, since I have a strong fear of getting hurt. But I would not be too worried. You were right to tell him how you feel because you absolutely do not want any misunderstandings. Your feelings need to be clear to him, so that he may be honest with his feelings for you as well. Although I would be tempted to do the same in your position, I advise you not to block him just yet. I would wait out and see his response before jumping to conclusions. You just conveyed your feelings for him, so he might still be sorting out his own feelings because he might just be as confused as you are. Just wait a while, maybe a week or two tops. I wish you all the best, and remember breathe, girl, breathe!

What Guys Said 4

• Well not too much. Desperate is not sexy. Don't block him either, he might respond. It can be a message you will like to hear. It could also be a message that made you lose him, but you will lose him anyways if you block him. Just keep your cool and prepare your emotions for an answer you don't want to hear.

• im not desperate if im pussing him away. I'm scared of my actions because i feel like i have 0 control over them.

• I think maybe it's best to just take a step back and breath and take your relationship with him slowly until you can feel a little more comfortable. You don't need to just run away from him because that won't help you overcome the issue which will just rise up again with the next guy you fall for. Don't give up!

• breathe*

• I don't know sometimes I feel like I'm not ready because I over think everything.

• That's just something you have to try and fight through. Just let him know that you do sometimes overthink things just so he knows what's going on. Sounds like you really like the guy and he hasn't just taken off so he's not giving up despite what's happened so far either so I say don't give up.

• Lol. What are you afraid of? Rejection? Yolo! Just do what makes you happy in the moment. That's what everyone else does.

• I'm not afraid of rejection. I don't even want a relationship. It just scares me.

• So you're afraid of commitment? Then just be friends with benefits or something. I'm sure he'd be down.

• Why wouldn't you want to get emotional? Are you moving away? Is there something that will make the relationship impossible in the near future? Otherwise go for it, he is not freaked out, he is giving you space and waiting for you to give him an answer

• it has a lot to do with my past relationship. I fell hard for a guy and he used all my emotions to manipulate me and screw me over. I know this guy isn't like that but i was emotionally abused and thats why my emotions freak me out.

What Girls Said 0