Should I tell my friend that people assume he's gay?

I've told a number of my female friends that my guy friend is single and three have them have responded with "I thought he was gay."

He is straight but he does a lot of things that might give that impression. He quilts, he'd fastidious about his appearance (even though he's not fashionable), he watches and owns movies like Bridget Jones' Diary and Twilight and talks about how much he loves them, he's outspoken about Transgendered rights, and he's Wiccan and believes in Tarot and New Age things like the Secret and the Law of Attraction.

He's upset he can't meet anyone and we live in a small town so there aren't any other Wiccans around. Should I ask him to tone down the feminine stuff a bit for his own sake?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would of thought. that he is atrange but not gay. How the heck do people think that doing all that stuff that he does makes him gay. Neing gay means your a guy who likes other guys, not that you defend transexuals, watch twilgiht or is a wiccan (wft).

Most Helpful Girl

• dont say anything.

What Guys Said 3

• Let him be himself. Telling a possibly heterosexual man that people think he's gay is not the way to go. I like Bridget Jones' Diary and I'm straight, by the way.

• u should tell him people think he's gay, most assume that of me to and it helps to know,, its depressing af but his chances might be higher

• wait even I'm havign a hard time believing this dude is not gay

What Girls Said 0