Girls, How to get out the friendzone with my bestfriend?

Been best friends with. A girl for about 8 years, just last year she told me I'd make a great boyfriend and that one day shed want to be with me but at the time she was in a relationship she has sense then left that relationship of 2 years and we are now headed into college she knows my feeling s for her and said she only sees me as a friend, I tried cutting her off after that but as of right now I she's to valuable to me as a friend to do that plus we started arguing sense this summer and I almost completely pushed her away which i know is wrong of me to do sense I have been by her side for 8 years so I basically leveraged the friendship for now just to avoid completely loosing her but I know I still want something with her in the future and I'm willing to distance myself If thats what it takes but I need to know what to do

7

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• Girls are usually bitches for that matter. I fall for best friend types on the other hand, been happy with my former bff now boyfriend for 3 years... Just tell her. If she refuses and cuts you off because of your feelings, she just isn't worth trying. Or she will stay your friend or even feel the same. Either way it's a good outcome, even if painful at first.

• Maybe try showing her that you like her in that way. A lot of girls will just overlook their best friend as their best friend and nothing more. Show her you can be something more xx

• Maybe she feels like she's in the safe zone and she likes it, like she doesn't want to lose you. I'd say be the great friend you are and talk to her cuz communication is the key to any relationship.

• Dude once ur in the friends one there is no way out.

• If you're in it then you can't get out of it unfortunately

• Once you're in that zone.. You can't get out..