My mom told me that I scare off guys because I am too serious and that my eyes intimidate. Guys, do you think that is possible?

She also told me that I am pretty (is not true, she is my mom), LOL!

LOL! What my mom said about being pretty is not important, it's a joke but the way I look people is the main point.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell yes, that can be true.

Nothing can kill romantic interest, faster than having a woman with a serious unfriendly look on her face and cold eyes.

Women for the most part have no clue the stress a guy feels trying to make that first contact, being met with a serious face and eyes that seem to look threw you can and does intimidate.

Lets be honest, you can always tell when a guy is rejected by a girl at a social event even when it is done kindly. Than you have the rejections, where the girl does it to embarrass and humiliate the guy.

So if a guy sees a girl that has a too serious look on her face and unemotional eyes, it is understandable if he gets intimidated and does not come over and introduce himself.

What Guys Said 23

• Seeing is believing ain't it?
    And all we can see here is a pink question mark on a face.

• Mums will always say you're pretty, it's part of their job :p

I do think she could be right. Many guys I've known (can only speak from personal experience) like friendly, nice girls. I know some guys like bad girls, but like I said, in my experience, we like friendly, nice, approachable girls, so if you're putting something out there that is a bit intimidating, you could scare guys off!

It's hard enough to approach women as it is! I think it's important to appear as approachable as possible if you like a guy.

• How do I look approachable! I am pretty serious, that's my personality I guess.

• Smile, don't notice their nervousness, definitely don't laugh about it to your friends, be agreeable, keep the conversation fun and light hearted, don't scowl ever and don't have strong opinions on things, save that kind of crap for the second date (at least) :p

• What? It's super intriguing. I gotta know what's going on behind those eyes. Just gotta know. Deep eyes are a hook. Not intimidating at all.

• I don't think so, well unless you havea wide eye look which could come off as little creepy (the crazy eye) but I doubt it. I would actually have to see a picture to be able to say for certain however.

• If you mean serious as in "after the first we need to get married" than yes. That scares of guys. They just wanna date the girl and take it one step at a time.

If you mean serious as in "no fun" than yes. Guys want t have fun with girls (not talking about sexual things here). If I think a date is not gonna be fun than why would i date her.

• If you stare at some one, then of course they will freak out. A too serious girl easily scares of most men. Remember we mentally age a little slower then women. Shit most men still acts as teenagers in their 20's :)

• Its possible lol. I've been told on countless occasions that I look hostile as all hell when Im just sitting around minding my own business.

• LOL I knew a girl like that where I used to work. She was really cute but had a notorious death stare.

One time we traveled to a customer site. Some of the people came and asked me a question. I asked why they hadn't asked her since I had just arrived and she had been there for hours. They said, "Well, we're kind of scared of her...".

• Guys usually like girls that know how to have fun. If you don't get approached much that just means you need to smile more. You probably are pretty if you just find what you like about yourself cause no one else's opinion matters. (its not your mother's job to tell you that you are pretty but it us more polite)

• If you are a serious person them that is an upgrade. But if you have a disgust face and a sharp look then maybe that is the reason.

• Seems unlikely. Some guys will be intimidated, some will be attracted. Get another opinion. Post a photo.

• In all seriousness do you have any siblings you can ask? I ask them instead of my mom, because my mother isn't one to take bad another others (especially her kids)

• Maybe. I don't know. It's good to have a sense of humor. So, if you laugh or at least smile once in a while, then it's not a big deal.

• It didn't matter. You will always find someone. Sometimes moms are just moms and tell u off for no reason. There us no reason at all to panic.

• Unless you have a face only a mother could love, you're pretty to someone out there. I mean if you are serious all the time that could be a bit of a drag, but some seriousness is nice. Strong eyes, independent woman. That's at least the way I see it.

• Women can have the stare of death from time to time but I personally wouldn't feel intimidated if there was no official reason to feel that way and if your too serious then just relax and loosen up once in a while, go out with your girls or do something for the bucket list. And as far as your looks go, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I may aswell be blind because I don't see a picture of you

• Without a picture of your face, it's hard to say

• I know that feel i have a death stare i can't rid of lol only thing you can do is smile more i hide my peircing gaze with sunglasses

• Yes, having a serious look can intimidate the guys.

• I dunno, if you post a picture i can answer if you scare me or not lol

• pretty comes from inside! could show a Picture?

• As long as you're serious about long dic style, you won't scare me!

• Ya use it when your playing poker lol

What Girls Said 12

• Today's toms will Grow cold duck feet if they feel a girl is too hooked at the hip on them or if you have this 'Serious I" in your eye, they will sense This, along with your words and tone in your voice, that the Big "C" could Be... Commitment.
    If they are Not these Ready Steady Eddy sort of guy to be in a Real relationship, they will run for the hills. Thy prefer to go slow with their flow until they might know if there could be More in Store for Sure.
    Mother knows Best from the Rest here, dear, and along with This, Mommy Dearest looks at you with the way she sees someone she loves which is you and Sees something as 'Being pretty' Inside of you, as well as Outside as well.
    Good luck. xx

• Resting bitch face does intimidate some men, but I can't help it either. Quite frankly, do you need a man to be complete? Fuck no!

If all the men in your life are such chicken shits that they can't approach you or get intimidated when you approach them, then you don't need them. Fuck that.

• She probably means you don't smile enough. People approach those that are smiley and happy because their body language is more open and welcoming

• i don't think this is about guys at all. she is your mother how would she know that. she probably just wants to see you smile and look happy more often.

• May be known as resting bitch face but guys can be scared to approach any girl and the fact that your mum followed up by saying your pretty means that you will get a guy soon, so don't worry. If someone catches your eyes maybe Say a joke or ask how he is 😊

• My mom joked around that I would never have a. boyfriend because I don't like people touching me at all not even a hug or anything 😂😂

• I have been told before that I have crazy eyes lol

• they're probably scared off because you're pretty. do you smile at them?

• Guys really do like a girl with a chill out going personality. If you do act serious most of the time, it could scare them off because a fun personality is what most people look for.

• oncee this guy kept talking to me so pulled the hawk eye stare and he left me alone.

• It is possible, whether it actually is the case only you would know

• maybe its something like resting bitch face
    some of the nicest people have it lol

who knows