Why are guys less picky when it comes to dating?

I legitmently want to know why guys tend to be much less picky than women

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know, I feel like you're wrong because guys are autonomous individuals whose choices and preferences vary. Men are not simple minded walking dildos, nor are they naturally single-minded.

Different men have different preferences. Some men are easy and have very little requirements for a possible lover, while other men are complicated and picky.

It's a little unreasonable (and quite silly) to say: why are ALL men less picky?

It truly does vary...

To answer your question: Studies show that this is not the case. Your assumption is incorrect and not expansive enough to fully categorize the objective data of whether or not men (cis-males, who are not gay) are more or less "picky" than women. Also, you're definition of picky is not specific enough... so...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm terribly picky. So I guess I'm the exception to the trend.

What Girls Said 4

• Because men don't have to worry about being knocked up. So biology has set it up where women need to be picky when it comes to finding the right mate. Men didn't really have to worry that much. All they had to do was fuck and impregnate as many females as possible so their genetics would be passed on.

• Because they want and will do anything with a vagina

• NOT MY experience re dating.

ie: I date high profile men + career academics who are VERY particular, as am I with the men I date and have sex with.

• I'm going to have to disagree. I don't think they are less picky.
    Most people tends to have higher standards these days. Some people eventually lower them to a reasonable level once they get sick of being alone, while others don't. You have no idea how many young men I know who would rather be single than accept anything less than a 8/10. Most of the girls I know seem to settle eventually.
    Maybe at some point in history men were less picky, but not in my generation lol.

What Guys Said 3

• Because, like I always say, the vast majority of us just want a nice attractive girl that will treat us right.
    Women tend to have a much longer checklist: looks, money, job, status, popularity...

• I don't know. I'm really picky.

• Girls are more picky early on, guys are pickier later on.