My boyfriend wants to break up but still contact me after we broke up?

My boyfriend wanted to break up with me. He is a felon and had his recently wage garnish. He also has to move home to his mom this month. He will be 31 soon. I tried to be supportive but he said nothing is right in his life. He hates work and hate everything. I tried to be there to encourage and listen to him but it was the second time he wanted to break up because he thinks I can do better and want someone to treat me better. He also said I agitated him and I don't call him when I come. I had enough and just told him I wish he focus on the good people do for him and left. Later, I wish he works on getting his life together and I respect his wishes to break up.

Now, he sent me messages that he wish that he'd met me before all the problems. I just told him that I love him just the way he is and I wish he wouldn't ask me to break up but I respect his wishes. I want him to take time to figure it out and work on improving his life. Let me know if he wants to talk or need help.

Now, he sent me still photos of stars and etc. Things that I like. Why can't he let go? I want to respect his space and his decision but why does he needs to continue keeping in touch. Isn't break up the end and we can be friend on good term. I don't see him reaching out or sharing things that I like. Things that I would like to do with him like stargazing or hiking isn't going to happen

What Guys Said 1

• You should tell him to stop contacting you.

What Girls Said 1

• he's not over you.