Would you date a Guy that wants you to Pay for Yourself for everything?

I want a girlfriend but i have been holding back because i don't want to spend 2 x the price on restaurants, movies, activities etc.

I'd date a feminist that believes in gender equality if she wants to pay for everything though

• Yes I'd date him if he doesn't pay for me
  • No i wouldn't unless he pays
  • only date him if he pays for most things but I'll pay for some
  • I'm a guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't date a guy like that. Not because I'm worried about money or whatever else, but because I would feel like he never trusted me and only viewed our time together as a monetary exchange.

Like it's okay to say I'll get things this time, you get them next time sort of thing. Dating is also a precursor to long term relationships. And in long term relationships there's going to be "ours" at some point. I need to know that a guy can contribute and commit to that idea of ours responsibly some day.

• Why do you equate "ours" with entirely him paying?

Maybe he views time together as a monetary exchange because he obviously has to spend money. It's costly to him whereas for the girl it's a constant free gift they don't have to worry about

• " it's okay to say I'll get things this time, you get them next time sort of thing."

Does that say pay for everything?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think whoever earns more money should be the one to offer paying for things from time to time, but I see it as a form of general courtesy. I have invited male friends and female friends alike to consume food, and I paid for their half because I am the one with the better wage. I would probably expect them to do the same if they were the ones with more money at their disposal, though. I would try to pay my own, but it is a nice gesture of them - if they can, but are not willing, then that is disappointing.

What Girls Said 9

• i just like guys to pay for first date.. after that everything will be 50/50 .. it is better when both can pay for their stuff.. plus this is 21st century.. i don't think girls expect guys to pay for them..

• That's my own policy right now with my boyfriend. Which we both mutually agreed on. Not that he never pays for me, sometimes he will but it's usually both for ourselves. I don't see why I should rely on him to buy me over when I'm perfectly capable of paying my own way. :)

• I would date someone who thinks it's okay for me to play for myself, but not a cheap person - which is what you sound like.
    [Going to restaurants and doing things you can't afford - what's the point of doing them? Why nod just make yourself a picnic in the park? - sounds way more reasonable to me]

• I earn my own money and I pay for my own things, so I'll pay for my own food and movie tickets! I don't expect a guy to pay for me so I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• In the begin in not, I would expect him to pay for most things since he is inviting me out. After dating for a while I wouldn't (didn't) mind paying for stuff.

• Yeah, of course. That's my preference. I'm more of a giver than I am a taker so other people paying for me kind of makes me uncomfortable.

• We girls can't have it both ways. I dont think guys or girls care either way it ain't the 50s after all.

• I insist on paying for myself all of the time.

• Going Dutch is always fair in my opinion

What Guys Said 1

• One word MAN UP