Was he lying when he said I've always really liked you? Does he still feel the same way?

Why would a guy say that I've always really liked you when he already has a girlfriend (albeit a very new, about a few weeks relationship)? He said they're kind of 'together' now.

Granted he thought I was never/not that interested in him but when I expressed my disappointment at his having a girlfriend, he said he had a really great time at our last date/meeting (it was ambiguous) and that he has always really liked me. I want him to give us another shot.

We we are meeting up to talk soon and he seems really keen about it (offering up many dates and being very accommodating when I had to reschedule) Is it possible to get closure or is it his feelings getting the best of him?

Also, would you say that his feelings for me are still quite intense at this point in time?

I'd gladly welcome any input, thanks!

• No he wasn't lying and I believe he still feels the same way
  • Yes he could very well be lying.
Even though We were never together in the first place? It's just we weren't sure about how the other felt and that we met through work (professional relationship) and all making things even harder. he said he couldn't pursue me although he liked me as I was a student-client.
Any other takes on why you think he wouldn't be lying? Would love opinion for both sides

Most Helpful Guy

• He is being a shaddy guy to his girlfriend and I feel you should back off because you wouldn't like any girl doing this with your boyfriend

• We met way before his girlfriend and him did and it was quite a misunderstanding on both our parts where he said he didn't wanna assume that I liked him given our professional relationship?

• No dont find excuses to do this just back off and it doesn't matter he has a girlfriend it doesn't matter if he met you or her first just back off get an available man. Trust me when i say this HE will NOT leave his girlfriend for you you will forever be his side chick

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were you I would not meet him. He has girlfriend and that is end of the discussion.
    If he really likes you; he will find a way to be with you. But you should not do anything.
    He is the one who should solve this; not you. Do not give a shot or sth.

What Guys Said 1

• I think nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Even though We were never together in the first place? It's just we weren't sure about how the other felt and that we met through work (professional relationship) and all making things even harder. he said he couldn't pursue me although he liked me as I was a student-client.

• You mean no he was not lying or?

• He is claver to lie infront of you ;)

What Girls Said 5

• He has a girlfriend so whatever he does (or probably doesn't) feel can't be that strong. It sounds like you're Plan B. I'd nope out.

• Even though he'd really like to meet? Another thing that is stopping him is my going away for 3 years in less than a months' time. I don't know but to me it sounds like she's a for-now girlfriend? Kinda like him settling?

• It honestly sounds like he's just playing.

• Like you're leaving and vulnerable about things and then he has this girl who may or may not be putting out yet AND you'll be away for three years so you won't have the chance to say anything if you do have sex. Two and two here :c

• He seems to really like you. I know I wouldn't say always and really if I wanted to spare your feelings. I would say you're a great girl.. I think you both should be honest when you meet him and see how things can go from there?

• It seems like he is sincere and still likes you but as far as him breaking things off with his girlfriend, I can't tell. But him wanting to meet should be to work things out

• If it were a misunderstanding and you both still do like each other, you might not have missed your window or so to speak anymore..

• I was kind of in a similar situation and in your case, I believe its likely that his feelings for you are very strong and if he thinks you weren't interested on top of your complicated professional relationship, he'd naturally just back off. You telling him that you do like him probably threw him off guard and since he still feels strongly for you, he'd of course be keen to see you again

• I highly doubt so. If he wanted to lie he wouldn't have told ya he has always liked you. It suggest that he still does. As for the girlfriend, they could be at a new stage. You just have to talk to him to see where you are both at

• he could be lying. why didn't he tell you before the gf?