How important are teeth for women?

I'm a guy in my early 20's. So my teeth isn't the straightest. It's not like horrible but you would probably notice it if you got close to my face. I just never got braces because I never had the money for it. It's one of the biggest obstacles for me to approach women. I even heard a woman at work say (not to me) "if the guy has jacked up teeth, don't even talk to me". Its not like really yellow or anyhing really nasty. Just not the straightest and like I said it's def the top 3 obstacles for talking to women for me because I'm afraid of what they'll think if they got close to my facr.

So my take away from this is that the women who don't care are the ones who's teeth also isn't the greatest and the ones that do care are the ones that have a straight smile? If I'm right, then I'm fucked. The girl I'm interested in has like a perfect smile.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't be so hard on yourself. My teeth aren't perfect either. I actually went to the dentist for the first time this year. I had never been to the dentist before in my life and I am 26.

I was lucky that there weren't a lot of issues, but my teeth were kind of crooked.

I don't think having crooked teeth is much of a problem at all. I think you are making a bigger deal of it than any girl would. Some of the women at your work might just make it a priority but it's a superficial thing. I would much rather have a guy with crooked teeth who treated me with respect and loved me, than a guy with really nice straight teeth who was really mean.

And even if I met a guy with straight teeth who was nice and one with crooked teeth who was nice, I would go for the guy I liked best. It wouldn't have anything to do with teeth. It would be based on their personality and how they made me feel.

I think your insecurity of it is affecting your success with women. Try to let it go, have more confidence and don't let it hinder you in your quest to find a girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• "How important are teeth for women?" They don't really need them! In fact, I think it's easier for them to do a good job on a guy when they don't have any teeth to get in the way.

What Girls Said 31

• I think a lot of people say it might not matter, but the reality is when a really handsome person has bad teeth it can bring the attractiveness down a bit. It helps a lot if theyre white because it just looks like a white blur when you smile, and kind of masks the crookedness.
    If you have the money now, try invisalign. They do what braces do, except they're removable, less visible, and less painful.
    And if you don't want to do anything about it, then that's fine. Rock what you've got, there's no sense in dwelling on what isn't going to change. :) the MOST attractive quality in a guy is confidence. Slight tooth crookedness isn't going to make a difference to a girl who actually likes YOU.

• That's something that likely many people look, as is your sort of face presentation when you smile. However, that shouldn't bug you much. A guy with nice teeth, brings a nicer smile though. My brother does really have issues with his teeth, he never got braces cause he said he was embarrassed to wear them in his teen years, now he regrets it, however that didn't stop him from getting girls. He is now married on his 30's and now he wants braces, who gives? Keep your teeth clean and healthy by visiting the dentist and when you are able to afford braces then you do it. Don't let that put you down.

• If they're crazy scary that they look like you have a disease then you have nothing to worry about. Teeth aren't as important as you make think, as long as you have all or most of them, and the health of your teeth won't invoke vomiting on site then you're okay. Stop worrying so much, you seem like a nice guy and it's your heart that makes the difference not your VERY minor flaw.

• For me, it would not matter too much if they were not straight. That is something that you were born with and that aside from braces, which not everyone can afford, there is nothing you can do about. Poor hygiene on the other hand, is something that you can control. So, as long as you keep your teeth and mouth clean (brushing at least twice daily, flossing and if you need to, mouth wash) then that is what is most important. Of course, a nice straight smile does help and for some women might be important, but as long as they are clean and not rotting out, I would think most women could look past the fact they are not perfectly straight.

• Important to have. Not important for them to be "perfect". Mine aren't perfect either... same reason - couldn't afford braces growing up and now that I'm an adult and I have benefits I just don't care enough to be an almost-30 year old with braces lol

• Extremely important.
    They don't have to be straight or insanely white, but healthy and to have all of them is great. =)

• For me, the guy doesn't have to have straight teeth. As long as he's not that black guy who says "deez nuts" then it'd probably be okay. And to me, the appearance of the person starts to not matter when I get to know him and think his personality is okay. I, myself, dont have the straightest teeth so I'm in no place to judge. It's not jacked up or anything the top part looks normally straight. So basically, to me it'snot that important. Hope this helps and boosts your ego somehow :)

• The right girl won't care. Don't worry about it.

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have dated guys with super straight white teeth and others with crowded teeth but found them all more or less equally attractive. Teeth aren't a determining factor for me unless they are really messed up. It honestly just depends on who you are as a person and your personality. I'm a girl and I recently got braces out of insecurity even though my teeth weren't even that bad. I haven't gotten them off yet but so far I don't think they were worth it. Not worth 6 thousand bucks.

• I don't see the problem, as long as you have good dental hygiene, I had braces, but I suppose I was lucky, I had mine free on the NHS (UK).

• Not a big deal at all. Kinda shallow for that woman to have crooked teeth as a deal break... -.-

Don't stress about it. As long as your teeth are clean, there's barely a problem here.

• I don't mind crooked teeth ( mine are crooked) and to me as long as a uy brushes his teeth and visits a dentist once a year then he's fine. I don't need him to have perfect straight teeth.

• As long as they were white and taken care of. I am a victim of crooked teeth as well, but no one treats me different. I think having good hygiene and looking like you take care of yourself would outweigh crooked teeth for me..

• Some women care a lot. Others don't care much at all. I have an underbite that can only be fixed with jaw surgery so I really have no room to judge. The straightness of your teeth isn't really that big of a deal to me.

• Yeah its pretty important for me

• I would say to get braces when you can afford it or go get a job and get braces if it's really bothering you... I got braces when I was 19 cause I hated my teeth and now i am so happy.

• As long as you don't look like a deranged piranha from acid town women don't tend to care to much, or at least I haven't. As long are they are clean 😃

• Very important sorry, i need to kiss a guy with nice teeth.

• I don't think teeth should matter, as long as they aren't twisted to the point that don't even look normal. As long as the rest of you is fine and you have good hygiene, you're good.

• Unless the girl is really superficial it doesn't matter.

• As long as they're not horrible I wouldn't care.

• Personally, I wouldn't mind, as long as its healthy it shouldn't be a problem, if it is that girl is just not worth it

• Any woman that's worried about the straightness of your teeth isn't worth the time of day. Remember that.

• very important, guys would not like girls with teeth problems!!

• Teeth are a priority and they're a deal breaker if it's in a bad condition

• Teeth mean nothing to me tbh. I dated a guy with buck teeth and one with a huge gap. Honesty , it doesn't matter at all. I promise you. Let
    Your worry go

• If they look like they are rotting out of your head then that's gross and a total deal breaker. If they're just a little crooked then I doubt its a big deal.

• My teeth are really important to me only because everyone in my family has had braces and cavities and I've never had any cavities and my teeth are perfectly straight so my teeth are really important to me, but I wouldn't judge a guy based off of his teeth. I'm sure there's lot of girls out there like that, but they're all probably snobby girls that grew up with money and never had to worry about money being an issue. If I were you I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Really big deal - think about it teeth and eyes are two main focal points on a face

• It would be a problem for me. Your smile is the first thing people noticed. BUT if you're an amazing guy and I seen that without dating you, I'd probably give it a shot. A crooked smile can be fixed.. and I would rather be with someone genuine anyway. No one is perfect.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 7

• If a woman has a problem with you because of your teeth she's a shallow slag and not worth time. Most chicks won't care. At least not in my experience

• Really important for most girls - unless you're a hockey player, and then you get a free pass.

• My teeth aren't good either. I used to eat a shot load of sweets when I was younger, and they didn't do me any favours.

If she's fine with my teeth, then I'm fine with her's.

• Meh, teeth whitening stuff is super cheap these days, check ebay. I have pretty yellowish teeth due to smoking for 6 years (which i quit yesterday) "crowd applause the champ" Just smile bro, who gives a fuck.

• They are super important dude.

• not important at all.

getting a BJ from a toothless women maybe pleasurable.

• Just don't have bad breath.